Junior DevOps Engineer
- Fabryczna 20A, 31-553 Kraków, Poland
SmartRecruiters understands that people are the heart of an organization. That’s why we’ve built our modern Talent Acquisition Platform to help companies hire the best! As the hiring success company, we enjoy a collaborative office environment that’s business casual and dog-friendly. We understand that working hard means you should play hard too, that’s why we offer unlimited PTO, competitive salaries, generous equity, and health coverage. Enjoy catered meals, unlimited snacks, philanthropic activities, and much more. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of.
Check out our DEMO here
Did you ever want to challenge software/scaling problems that Facebook had in its early stages? If you think that these kinds of challenges are exciting then you are most welcome to join our team in Kraków.
- Make our development team more effective by building scripts and automation solutions
- Define, develop, and implement monitoring methodologies to gain improvements in platform's efficiency and scalability
- Improve our deployment and release processes
- Respond to client threats and remediate issues
- Mentor members of the engineering team
- Document standards, best practices, and policies
- Co-operate with our San Francisco based team in different cycles of product development
- You will work with technologies like: AWS, Docker (Mesos/Kubernetes), HashiCorp tools (Terraform, Consul, Vault,...), Chef, Ansible, SQL and NoSQL databases, Nginx, ...
This offer is for you, if:
- You like working in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You want to experience the atmosphere of a startup (you know what we are talking about if you have seen the movie: "The Social Network")
- You are a fan of web, technology, and new tech trends
- You are the type of a person who wants not only to have your ideas heard but see them put into action
- Relevant experience as Configuration Engineer or Software Developer or SysAdmin
- Experience with scripting in Python or Ruby
- Linux / Unix knowledge is a must
- Experience with AWS EC2
- Chef or Puppet experience is nice to have
- Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Big Data experience is a plus
- Detail oriented and analytical mind
- Experience in developing business and operational processes
- Strong communication skills, with a good understanding of English, both verbal and written
- Team player with the ability to operate in a fast paced, ever changing work environment
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.