Technical Editor Documentation Specialist - Hanford Site Technical Support (Full-Time) [1.07A]
- 2407 Stevens Center Pl, Richland, WA 99354, USA
ProSidian is looking for “Great People Who Lead” at all levels in the organization. Are you a talented professional ready to deliver real value to clients in a fast-paced, challenging environment? ProSidian Consulting is looking for professionals who share our commitment to integrity, quality, and value.
ProSidian is a management and operations consulting firm with a reputation for its strong national practice spanning six Enterprise Solution Areas including Risk Management, Energy & Sustainability, Compliance, Business Process, IT Effectiveness, and Talent Management. We help clients improve their operations.
Linking strategy to execution, ProSidian assists client leaders in maximizing company return on investment capital through the design and execution of operations core to delivering value to customers. Visit www.ProSidian.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/prosidian for more information.
ProSidian Seeks a Technical Editor Documentation Specialist - Hanford Site Technical Support (Full-Time) headquartered near Richland, WA 99319 to support engagement for the DOE Office of River Protection (ORP) - an independent office at the DOE Site in eastern Washington state with the exclusive focus of remediating and solving the DOE’s tank cleanup challenges. ORP’s mission is to protect the Columbia River by safely cleaning up radioactive and chemical waste contained in underground storage tanks located at the DOE Site.
This Full-Time position currently best aligns with the Analyst II Labor Category and ideal candidates exhibit the ability to visualize, analyze, and convert data and experiences to meet performance challenges while confidently engaging in productive “Jugaad” and dialogue targeting mission success.
Full-Time Technical Editor Documentation Specialist - Hanford Site Technical Support Candidates shall work to support requirements for ORP Site Technical Support Services and provide Technical Editor Documentation Specialist services to perform reviews of Industrial and Construction Safety Programs in order to assess the WTP contractors’ compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and directives (e.g. 10CFR835)
The Technical Editor Documentation Specialist shall work on a full-time basis to provide support to DOE’s Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant Project (WTP) with technical writing experience, document control specialist with knowledgeable support to include digital technology, technical writing, editing, and research. To include:
- Support DOE senior management and staff at the Office of River Protection (ORP) and on the WTP Project with the expertise to conduct recommendations and solutions to project issues, technical document preparation, editing, analysis, and digital technology implementation.
- Conduct daily tasks required to perform the ongoing coordination and the development and production of project documents, procedures, plans, and other communications deliverables necessary of continuing support to ORP senior management, AMWTP and WTP Project management policy, and reporting requirements.
- Perform the development and maintenance of multiple DOE ORP and DOE-WTP Project management planning documents, processes, procedures, presentations, and communication products using specialized knowledge.
- Assist Federal staff in the creation and maintenance of documentation, provide technical document editing, writing, and production
- Demonstrate the ability to provide a knowledgeable and experienced expert or management and staff knowledge of (ORP) and on the WTP Project.
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation.
- Provide technical document editing, writing, and production; configuration management; issue tracking and management.
- Coordinate the development, production, and maintenance of project planning documents, procedures, plans, processes, presentations, timelines.
- Provide technical writing and editing support and research to assist in the development and revision of project management and operational plans, procedures, and administrative process documents.
- Assist in the development of DOE-WTP presentations, correspondence, and overall quality enhancements for communications, informational products, and general contract administration support.
- Preferences are given for readily applicable expertise, however, consideration will be given to the ability to obtain and apply skills.
The Technical Editor Documentation Specialist - Hanford Site Technical Support shall have consecutive employment in a position with comparable responsibilities within the past five (5) years, Must be able to use a computer to communicate via email; and proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and related tools and technology required for the position.
Work products shall be thorough, accurate, appropriately documented, and comply with established criteria. The candidate shall ensure that duties are performed in a competent and professional manner that meets milestones/delivery schedules as outlined.
Positions require appropriate technical competency in writing, editing, and analytical writing or similar skills, the following shall be applicable to all, including:
- Abilities for editing, formatting, Microsoft Office, Excel, digital technical support, Adobe Acrobat, Office Timeline, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat support to the entire ORP staff.
- Support will also include classifying and summarizing information for needed and specific briefings and reports for preparation and submittal and coordinating and ensuring other organizations are kept apprised of current information.
- BS/BA degree in engineering, science, or business management.
- Ten (10) years of directly applicable successful experience and supported by past performance. U.S Citizenship.
TRAVEL: Occasional travel may be required to attend meetings, events, site visits, or other training requirements. Travel is coordinated with the technical point of contact and approved in writing by the Contracting Officer in advance, is allowed, in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations.
LOCATION: Work shall be conducted at or in proximity to Richland, WA 99319
- U.S. Citizenship Required - You must be a United States Citizen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (This employer participates in the e-Verify program)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Adobe)
- All ProSidian staff must be determined eligible for a “Facility Access Authorization” (also referred to as an “Employment Authorization”) by the USG’s designated Security Office.
- Other Requirements and Conditions of Employment Apply
- May be required to complete a Financial Disclosure Statement
- Must be able to submit to and qualify for varying levels of background investigative requirements, up to a Top Secret or DOE "Q" clearance.
As a condition of employment, all employees are required to fulfill all requirements of the roles for which they are employed; establish, manage, pursue, and fulfill annual goals and objectives with at least three (3) Goals for each of the firms Eight ProSidian Global Competencies [1 - Personal Effectiveness | 2 - Continuous Learning | 3 - Leadership | 4 - Client Service | 5 - Business Management | 6 - Business Development | 7 - Technical Expertise | 8 - Innovation & Knowledge Sharing (Thought Leadership)]; and to support all business development and other efforts on behalf of ProSidian Consulting.
- Teamwork – ability to foster teamwork collaboratively as a participant, and effectively as a team leader
- Leadership – ability to guide and lead colleagues on projects and initiatives
- Business Acumen – understanding and insight into how organizations perform, including business processes, data, systems, and people
- Communication – ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders of all levels orally and in writing
- Motivation – persistent in pursuit of quality and optimal client and company solutions
- Agility – ability to quickly understand and transition between different projects, concepts, initiatives, or work streams
- Judgment – exercises prudence and insight in decision-making process while mindful of other stakeholders and long-term ramifications
- Organization – ability to manage projects and activity, and prioritize tasks
----------- ------------ ------------
- Business Tools – understanding and proficiency with business tools and technology, including Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate is advanced with Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, and proficient with Adobe Acrobat, data analytic tools, and Visio with the ability to quickly learn other tools as necessary.
- Commitment - to work with smart, interesting people with diverse backgrounds to solve the biggest challenges across private, public and social sectors
- Curiosity – the ideal candidate exhibits an inquisitive nature and the ability to question the status quo among a community of people they enjoy and teams that work well together
- Humility – exhibits grace in success and failure while doing meaningful work where skills have impact and make a difference
- Willingness - to constantly learn, share, and grow and to view the world as their classroom
------------ ------------ ------------
BENEFITS AND HIGHLIGHTS
ProSidian Employee Benefits and Highlights: Your good health and well-being are important to ProSidian Consulting. At ProSidian, we invest in our employees to help them stay healthy and achieve work-life balance. That’s why we are also pleased to offer the Employee Benefits Program, designed to promote your health and personal welfare. Our growing list of benefits currently include the following for Full Time Employees:
- Competitive Compensation: Pay range begins in the competitive ranges with Group Health Benefits, Pre-tax Employee Benefits, and Performance Incentives. For medical and dental benefits, the Company contributes a fixed dollar amount each month towards the plan you elect. Contributions are deducted on a Pre-tax basis.
- Group Medical Health Insurance Benefits: ProSidian partners with BC/BS, to offer a range of medical plans, including high-deductible health plans or PPOs. ||| Group Dental Health Insurance Benefits: ProSidian dental carriers - Delta, Aetna, Guardian, and MetLife.
- Group Vision Health Insurance Benefits: ProSidian offers high/low vision plans through 2 carriers: Aetna and VSP.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan: 401(k) Retirement Savings Plans help you save for your retirement for eligible employees. A range of investment options are available with a personal financial planner to assist you. The Plan is a pre-tax Safe Harbor 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a company match.
- Vacation and Paid Time-Off (PTO) Benefits: Eligible employees use PTO for vacation, a doctor’s appointment, or any number of events in your life. Currently these benefits include Vacation/Sick days – 2 weeks/3 days | Holidays - 10 ProSidian and Government Days are given.
- Pre-Tax Payment Programs: Pre-Tax Payment Programs currently exist in the form of a Premium Only Plan (POP). These Plans offer a full Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan and a tax benefit for eligible employees.
- Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plans: We want you to achieve financial success. We offer a Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plan through The Corporate Perks Benefit Program. This provides special discounts for eligible employees on products and services you buy on a daily basis.
- Security Clearance: Due to the nature of our consulting engagements there are Security Clearance requirements for Engagement Teams handling sensitive Engagements in the Federal Marketplace. A Security Clearance is a valued asset in your professional portfolio and adds to your credentials.
- ProSidian Employee & Contractor Referral Bonus Program: ProSidian Consulting will pay up to 5k for all referrals employed for 90 days for candidates submitted through our Referral Program.
- Performance Incentives: Due to the nature of our consulting engagements there are performance incentives associated with each new client that each employee works to pursue and support.
- Flexible Spending Account: FSAs help you pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent day care expenses on a pre-tax basis. You determine your projected expenses for the Plan Year and then elect to set aside a portion of each paycheck into your FSA.
- Supplemental Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance: If you want extra protection for yourself and your eligible dependents, you have the option to elect supplemental life insurance. D&D covers death or dismemberment from an accident only.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance: Disability insurance plans are designed to provide income protection while you recover from a disability.
---------- ------------ ------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - See Below Instructions On The Best Way To Apply
ProSidian Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ProSidian Consulting has made a pledge to the Hiring Our Heroes Program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the “I Hire Military” Initiative of The North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) for the State of North Carolina. All applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of Veteran Status.
Furthermore, we believe in "HONOR ABOVE ALL" - be successful while doing things the right way. The pride comes out of the challenge; the reward is excellence in the work.
FOR EASY APPLICATION USE OUR CAREER SITE LOCATED ON http://www.ProSidian.com/ OR SEND YOUR RESUME’S, BIOS, AND SALARY EXPECTATION / RATES TO CAREERS @ PROSIDIAN.COM.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED CRITERIA ARE CONSIDERED.
Be sure to place the job reference code in the subject line of your email. Be sure to include your name, address, telephone number, total compensation package, employment history, and educational credentials.