Internal Auditor (Fixed Term Contract)
- Reigate Hill, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Internal Audit
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
The Internal Auditor support the Audit team in providing objective assurance around the effectiveness of the organisation’s governance, risk and systems of internal control to Executive Management, Board and Audit Committee.
- Team player for full end to end audit process (planning, fieldwork and reporting).
- Attending meetings with auditees to develop an understanding of business processes.
- Ensuring that audit findings and recommendations are proportionate, practical and aligned to esure’s risk appetite.
- Proactively develop and facilitate strong relationships with stakeholders, internal teams and contacts within the business.
- Confidently engage with stakeholders within esure to challenge and provide recommendations for improvement with respect to governance, risk and control frameworks.
- Produce clear and concise audit reports are, insightful, accurate and appropriate for recipients.
- Follow up on audit actions and provide robust assessment on how effectively these have been addressed, and report this to the CAO.
- Comply with esure internal audit methodology, procedures and IIA standards.
- Understand IT industry trends and regulation and their impact upon business, adapting the audit approach where necessary and providing insight to executive and governance committees.
- Ideally experience of working in an audit function within the Financial Services Sector
- Relevant industry qualification (ACCA, ICAEW, CISA, CISSP, CIA).
- Ability to demonstrate critical and strategic thinking;
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills with the ability to influence;
- Ability to balance the commercial agenda of the business with sound governance and risk management;
- Experience of auditing technology and/or change is bonus;
- Able explain technical jargon to non IT stakeholders;
- Strong report writing skills and communication skills; and
- Highly personable, positive, motivated and a confident self-starter.
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
12 Month Fixed Term Contract