- 6601 College Boulevard, Sixth Floor, Overland Park, KS, United States
- Employees can work remotely
DEG is a full-service digital agency that believes in marketing for the moment. We use the creative application of technology to help our clients create strategic, provocative, and actionable ideas when it means most—all driven and supported by data, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative. We’ve become one of the fastest-growing, most-respected digital resources in America because our clients have demanded it. While other shops are working to become “digital,” we were born here.
We empower our associates to grow and accomplish what they’re passionate about, pursue outside interests, prioritize their families, contribute to their communities, and actively travel. We have a fun, casual work environment and have repeatedly been named one of the area’s “Best Places to Work.”
Our benefits include:
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs, with no waiting period and company-paid premiums for all associates
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off and holidays
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave in the event of a natural disaster
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company-sponsored matching program
- Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
- Culture Club social events each year
We're constantly searching for the best ideas, new and better ways to do things, and new and better things to do. We want smart, driven individuals to help us create DEG’s future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.
The Campaign Specialist focuses on the daily operations needed to successfully deploy client email programs. The Campaign Specialist is expected to build and code emails using HTML, create programs, deploy email campaigns, and complete basic reporting. This role is also responsible for deployment process documentation and post deployment tracking.
The successful candidate will demonstrate accuracy (in building email campaigns, quality assurance, deploying of email campaigns, and reporting), meet utilization goals, and have high client satisfaction feedback. DEG is the best place to work as an Campaign Specialist because we have one of the largest teams of Salesforce experts outside of Salesforce and we are on the cutting edge of every new feature in Salesforce.
Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to come work.
- Build, proof, and revise emails and templates in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Communicate with internal team members effectively to execute email campaigns.
- Complete quality assurance checks on every email campaign.
- Utilize Salesforce, Excel and/or Access to modify and update subscriber lists and create segmentation groups.
- Deploy emails and mobile campaigns to appropriate subscriber lists.
- Provide actionable campaign optimization insights based on campaign analysis.
- Collaborate and contribute ideas at marketing planning meetings.
- Track hours, create charge sheets and invoices for accurate billing of time and resources.
- Develop and document efficiencies in current and future processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent course work.
- 6 months or more experience with an Email Service Provider (such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Cheetah Mail, SilverPop, Responsys, Listrak, Lyris, Vertical Response, etc.) is required.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Experience with basic HTML (i.e. creating tables, links, and bolding) is required.
- Experience with advanced HTML, Adobe Creative Suite and web site analytics tools such as, Google Analytics, Coremetrics and/or Omniture is a plus.
- Demonstrated writing/communication skills.
- Proven record for problem resolution and successful completion of complex projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and Project are a plus).
- Strong organizational skills and exemplary attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task and prioritize a high volume of projects and tasks at one time.
- Availability for after-hours work assignments as scheduled.
- Ability to work with diverse departments across an organization.
- Excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills to effectively assess and communicate metrics.
- Passionate about the digital landscape with desire for continuous learning and development.
- Team player.
- Agency experience preferred.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.