Billing Customer Service Advisor
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Payment Services
- Division: Finance
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Billing Customer Service Advisor to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join our Billing team that is responsible for processing transactions for our clients ensuring that all funds are collected from their members completely, accurately and timely.
Reporting into the Billing Manager, you’ll help us service our clients in the UK and Europe. Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
Processing BACs and SEPA files eg Submission/ Rejections / Indemnity Claims / ADDACS and AUDDIS
Data input of direct debit files – Rejections / Indemnity Claims / ADDACS and AUDDIS
- Preparation of client refunds as required
- Daily update of member records for each client
- Reconcile client fund accounts to the bank account and general ledger
- Reconcile Direct debit and card transactions to the cashbook/bank statement
- Administers day to day technical tasks
- Can Problem Solve to identify issues in procedure and work with own team and other departments (if necessary) to solve them
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
- Continuous review to deliver process and system improvements
- Be flexible to operate these processes across multiple platforms
What would make me a good candidate?
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding of client payments and client funds
- Excellent communication skills - The ability to liaise with Stakeholders on a day to day basis via telephone (excellent telephone manner), email and face-to-face in a clear, caring, concise and professional manner
- Problem solving skills: able to identify the exact details of a problem through a rational process and be able to take steps to ensure a successful resolution.
- Attention to detail, able to document details of issues clearly in a concise understandable manner
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeve
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Flexible work options
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Claire Pierce.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.