Solutions Architect - Azure
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: IT Operations
- Division: Operations
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as an Azure Solutions Architect in Auckland to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join our Operations team — the team that provides expertise and support to our five business verticals. You’ll work hand in hand with internal stakeholders to help them overcome obstacles by understanding their unique goals and challenges, so they can focus on what really matters - helping our customers succeed.
Reporting into Head of Cloud you’ll be responsible for definition, maintenance and communication of solution and system architectures, mainly based on public cloud native technologies, SaaS and event driven integrations. Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
- Support the assigned Squad teams, provide architecture leadership, and ensure alignment of the solution to target architecture and standards.
- Develop, guide, and ensure quality and obtain buy in for both Solution and System Architecture deliverables of the squad and solutions of accountability.
- Guide and collaborate with engineers/developers in developing good quality detailed designs and implementing quality solutions aligned to target architecture and best practices.
- Ensure that the architecture, design, and relevant implementation exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability.
- Translate architecture design in patterns (including code patterns)
- Contribute to recommendations on long reaching technology decisions. Contribute to the development of proof of concepts and product comparisons (e.g. RFP, RFI, LAP). Generate formal analysis reports/reviews (to the appropriate level).
What would make me a good candidate?
- Experience in cloud native IaaS/PaaS services in Azure.
- Expert knowledge in public cloud native application development in Azure.
- Proven work experience as hands-on Solution/System Architect for solutions based on SaaS and cloud native technologies.
- Proficiency in design patterns and modelling languages (e.g. UML).
- Proficiency with IaC (Terraform, Ansible/Puppet)
- Proficiency with DevOps practices (CI/CD, IaC, Automated Testing, Observability, etc.) and tools including Azure DevOps.
- Understanding of Integration, APIs, Pub/Sub, Streams, Data Storage and Data modelling.
- Understanding of modern back and front-end development languages
- Good understanding of Agile ways of working and related technologies.
- Good understanding of Governance and Security practices
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
- A free weekly barista coffee
- Free fruit
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Robert Keyworth, Talent Partner APAC
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.