Lead Product Designer, Consumer Team
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
About Design @ Wish
We’re a tight-knit design team whose culture is chill, fun, and inclusive. We recognize that auto-layout, the 8-pixel grid, and emojis are our friends, and use each of these regularly. Our virtual team bonding events include watching movies together, playing Telephone Pictionary, and holding a cocktail mixing workshop.
As a team of remote research-based designers, we leverage experiment results and insights to release new features and products at a rapid pace to provide economic empowerment for 100 million users worldwide. Each product designer has the opportunity to make immediate impact and work on a number of individual projects from scratch to finish. We encourage our designers to trust their instincts to ship often and early, blend their designs with analytical thinking to touch every aspect of the business, and engage a multidisciplinary approach to design simplicity into all of our products.
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Product Designer who is passionate about serving the often neglected demographic of lower-income, value-conscious consumers by designing better experiences for our sellers. All product designers on the team touch every dimension of the seller experience and have an influential voice in determining the future business and design strategy at Wish. We are challenged by leadership to disrupt both existing work processes and thriving business models, to envision and build the future of affordable shopping.
Not located in the Bay Area? Remote work is acceptable! (*US, Canada, and Europe)
What you'll do as a Lead Product Designer on the Consumer Team
Act as a role model of craftsmanship and execution.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand product requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Effectively communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Showcase strong product thinking and visual design skills and can deliver high-quality creative products while insisting on high standards and attention to detail.
- Execute in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
- Bonus if you are strong in any niche areas -- i.e. animation, design systems, prototyping, motion design, user research, and other ways that add delight to the product experience.
Guide, mentor, and support.
- Share thoughtful and constructive feedback on technical execution and advice on career growth.
- Mentor and influence the next generation of designers through example and by sharing your knowledge to help designers fine-tune their design skills and execution.
- Ability to identify weaknesses and provide the right guidance to help designers excel.
Trailblazer and forward thinker.
- Think “big picture” and explore new paradigms and novel ways to solve problems that move our product experience forward.
- Familiarity with processes and frameworks that can help guide and shape the design team’s structure and drive efficiency.
Evangelize and advocate.
- Ability to successfully rationalize points objectively by leveraging qualitative and quantitative insights and showcasing excellent communication and persuasive skills.
- Advocate for the user and ensure that they are considered at every phase of the design process.
Who you are:
- You are open, humble, a good listener, and empathetic.
- You are adaptable and can thrive in an ever-changing environment with lots of ambiguity.
- You like taking on challenges to grow as a leader, reformer, educator and mentor.
- You set the bar high. You know what great craftsmanship and execution looks like and how to help product teams ship at high quality and speed.
- You understand business and user goals and are able to balance both perspectives.
- At least 5+ years of experience with end-to-end product design
- Ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features, all with a user-centered design process.
- Experience showcasing leadership and mentorship
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization and thereby influencing product design strategy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (e.g., Android and iOS).
- Strong UX/UI/visual portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrate experiences crafting usable digital interfaces with depth and clarity, inclusive of insights gained from testing and shipping
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Content Strategists and Product Managers throughout the design process.
- Excellent communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.