Engineer, Software Development Engineering (Apps)
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, Prachin Buri, Thailand
- Business Function: Software Development Engineering (Apps)
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Software Development Engineering
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in defining Software Architecture and System Architecture for Automated HDD Assembly system.
- Participate in HDD Assembly Machine Control Software: Design, Code, and Test review process.
- Interact with HDD Assembly Machine including Robotics, Vision system and Sensing devices.
- Generate and maintain the following software at the function level e.g. the different generations of Assembly Machines, the different generations of WD Software Framework and Others as may be assigned.
- Generate and maintain appropriate technical documentation e.g. Software Release notices, Specifications and Others as may be assigned.
- Validate and Test software releases
- Execute experiments and prepare data for analysis.
- Work together with Process and other teams to improve yield, process, downtime & scrap
- Maintain effective communications with the technical staff.
- Guide and be the technical resource for the junior staff.
- Comply with 6S activity to ensure working area is good housekeeping.
- Comply with EH & S policy to ensure all workforce safety and sustain good environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering field.
- Minimum 0 - 2 years of experiences related to Programming, Automation, Robotics, I/O Programming, Image Processing and Database communication protocol.
- Object-Oriented Programming, UML Design
- Windows, Linux, RTO, Arduino devices and programming for product qualification/ prototype automation system
- PLC (Beckhoff, Keyence, Mitsubishi); vision, robotics and HMI systems programming
- Good command in English (Verbal / Written)
- Able to use OOP, PLC and HMI system programming
- Problem solving skill to perform corrective actions to meet customers’ requirements accordingly.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.