Principal Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineering
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Quality Assurance Engineering
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
- Monitoring Outgoing Quality Assurance (OQA) and Ongoing Reliability Test (ORT) indicators and react to out of control points.
- Perform 1st level failure analysis and collaborate with FA team on root cause closure.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to manage product excursions following 8D process and accountable for technical risk assessment.
- Drive strategically Product Quality improvement with Development and manufacturing team.
- Involve in new product introduction to manufacturing to achieve defined quality goals and ensuring quality monitoring mechanism are in place.
- Define the quality test flow and develop/maintain quality test programs.
- Require routinely communication on product performance reporting.
- Bachelor in Electronics, Telecommunication or Computer Engineering.
- Experience: 5 years and more
- Experienced in manufacturing product quality management.
- Experienced in system level or board level testing and failure analysis
- Experienced in board level reliability test and failure mechanism.
- Knowledge in computer architecture or Solid State Drive product.
- Must be able to manage excursions inclusive of detection, containment, driving for root cause analysis until fixes implementation
- Must be able to manage new product introduction to meet the set quality metrics/goals.
- Scripting capability & data analytic background is a plus.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.