Senior IT Systems Engineer
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum; from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 8 million barrels per day of crude oil and products and, at any time, has 250 ships transporting its cargoes.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial companies and utilities. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage globally, 480kbpd of refining capacity, 7,000 service stations and a growing portfolio of transitional and renewable energy assets. Revenues in 2019 were $225 billion.
For more information: www.vitol.com
- Providing day to day support for both hardware and software related to End User Computing
- Training Floor Support experience is highly appreciated.
- Preparing and install new IT hardware
- Preparing and upgrade back office systems
- Assisting with network patching
- Preparing in the desk set up for visitors
- Assisting in the setup of meeting presentations and Videoconferencing calls
- Preparing in the desk set up of new joiners, including PC, phones, network connection
- Install, configure and maintain workstations hardware and software (Operating system and applications such as Windows 7/10, Office 2010/2016, Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon, IPC, etc), SCCM knowledge is a MUST
- Manage iPhone
- Document standards and follow procedures
- Hands on experience in AD, ACL, GPO, SCCM packaging
- knowledge of telephone systems (ie VoIP Avaya)
- Previous experience working with a commodities and/or trading industry, an advantage
- An understanding of trading support applications, such as Reuters, Bloomberg, IPC, etc
- Experience: At least 5 years’ experience in level 2 support
- Some servers experience (VM, Windows 2019, etc) will be highly regarded
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Analytical mindset.
- Results oriented and demonstrably commercial.
- Incisive and accurate judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills.
- Global outlook. Able to work across organizational and cultural boundaries.
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity.
- Energetic, resilient and resourceful, with an ability to work accurately under pressure.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position
Vitol Asia is committed to providing equal opportunities to all staff. Globally, Vitol seeks to conduct its business in accordance with the UN Global Compact’s ten principles, including those on human rights, one of which is to “Ensure a diverse and inclusive work place, where possible, free from discrimination regardless of age, gender, race, cultural heritage, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.”
Only successful candidates will be notified