Engineering Manager (Java, Microservice, Golang)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Data Product platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As the Sr Manager of Engineering, you will build and mentor a world-class team of engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will lead a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers and SMEs across the company on high impact initiatives.
In this role, you will be leading a team responsible for building the next generation of Payment and Risk Decisioning APIs for Visa. You will build upon your experience in large volume, low-latency, high-throughput APIs capable of handling millions of transactions every day. You will also be responsible for setting the technology vision for our Buyer Travel Services portfolio consisting of multiple travel-related products and Visa’s ESG Sustainability initiatives.
You will build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains and inspires a diverse and engaged team. As a leader, you will enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results that not only meet business objectives but also adhere to our core Engineering Strategy practices.
- Develop and nurture team of developers by motivating and mentoring and assist in hiring critical talent
- Be responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex products with significant bottom-line impact
- Execute the technical roadmap for Risk-as-a-Service and Visa ESG initiatives by managing all technology aspects of API Development and Cloud Readiness
- Collaborate with System Architects and Senior Technologists on proper architecture and design practices for building a high-throughput, low-latency, multi-tenant Visa 360 platform
- Drive end-to-end development efforts with on-time, on-budget and high-quality solutions that are scalable in a high-volume environment (multimillion transactions per day)
- Be able to understand and influence System Design by collaborating with Developer Platform, Operations and Infrastructure (O&I), Security and Data Privacy stakeholders
- Drive a strong customer-focused mindset by working closely with Product partners and Regional Client teams while anticipating trends and patterns that may lead to new business opportunities
- Understand product needs and coach team in coming up with solid delivery and execution plans while adhering to engineering best practices
- Empower team and drive a culture of accountability and transparency by using data and metrics
- Be a good communicator that asks the right questions and facilities streamlined information flow between engineering, Product Office, PMO, Operations and other stakeholders
- Have a clear vision and strategy for the team and relay the strategy in easy to understand terms
- Understand career aspirations of engineers and groom them for success
- 9 to 13 years of work experience.
- 2+ years of People Management experience.
- Understands Technology, drives execution and strong flair on people management.
- Robust knowledge of Enterprise Engineering Strategies involving Release Management, Development Workflows, Continuous Delivery and Secure Coding Practices
- Expert knowledge of Rule Publication, Rule Evaluation and Fraud Alert management systems
- Experience building public or client-facing Rule publication and Fraud alert APIs
- Experience developing Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) systems to support dynamic parameters and real-time rule execution
- Experience with open-source technology frameworks for rule and policy evaluation such as Open Policy Agent(OPA)
- Working knowledge of Persistent In-memory Database and Key-value store systems such as Redis, BoltDB and ObjectStore
- AWS or GCP Certifications
- Understanding of Test Automation frameworks such as Robot, ReadyAPI, LoadRunner, JMeter and Selenium
- Exposure to Environment, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) businesses a plus
- Experience applying enterprise UI/UX design systems and standards to client-facing applications using Angular or React frameworks a plus
- Prior experience with patents and trade secrets in the payments space preferred but not required
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.