Director, Global Product Insights
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Do you have a passion for delving into data to find connections that spark amazing insights that drive business results? Do you seek out challenging work that will flex your intellectual muscles? If you do and you like to collaborate with similar minded people, the Global Insights & Analytics team at Visa has an exciting opportunity for you to use your skills to uncover insights about our brand, products, advertising and consumer payment habits and practices that will provide positive impact and momentum for our company and brand.
This role will be responsible for key data analysis and research project management for some of the Visa Product lines, including Core Products, Visa Direct, B2B and Fintech value added solutions, among others. For those product lines a variety of activities will be led by you, which may include leading research initiatives, statistical analysis, presentations for external clients and internal audiences, knowledge share collateral, data queries using various databases and other tasks as identified by leadership.
This delivery position should envision the best way to craft and deliver amazing insights that produce actionable business results, which in many times not by doing this directly, but by involving different capability leaders bringing them to solve for the complex business problems. For this, great collaboration skills are needed, as well as the capacity to flex the intellectual muscles to apply integrating thinking to find the best way to connect between different experts, methodologies and data-sets, including the very rich VisaNet databases.
The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California. Under the direction of the Sr. Director – Product Insights & Analytics, you will:
- Manage all aspects of primary research, including partnering with key stakeholders to frame problems, appropriately scope out and design the research methodology, analyze results and present findings
- Develop a global product learning agenda and execute against plans in partnership with regional teams in North American, CEMEA, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America.
- Translate data into actionable business impact that drives business outcomes
- Display expertise with current market research tools and methods, and continuously surface innovative approaches to problem solving
· Meaningfully summarize research and succinctly communicate conclusions to executive level audiences
· Build strong relationships with business partners and external vendors
· Work with senior business leaders to develop research learning agendas that support their goals and Visa’s strategy
· Be the advocate for the brand in all major product design and delivery discussions – Visa brand being prominent in a B2C, B2B and B2B2C framework.
· Lead projects related to Customer Experience (CX), product messaging, forecasting addressable markets, as well as volume forecast potential.
· Synthesize data and information from multiple sources to inform strategy, guide tactical decisions and inform the business
· Advocate for testing innovative new approaches, even when challenged by legacy ways of working. Demonstrate exemplary research expertise and innovation, including recommending alternative data sources and methods where appropriate
· Share knowledge broadly across the organization. Disseminate case studies on how research learnings are being applied to the busines
We are looking for a strong analytic thinker who is looking for their next opportunity to grow and further develop their career. The successful candidate will have:
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA)
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) Preference for Graduate degree.
- Preference for degree in marketing, market research, psychology, sociology, anthropology, and/or in a quantitative field like Economics/Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience, 10-15 preferred on working on insights and analytical functions, with experience conducting analysis of primary quantitative market research data and data-driven analysis for relevant brands and businesses, and/or innovation and customer experience areas from the tech, consulting, CPG, retail, agencies, financial or payments industries.
- You have experience with large consumer transactional databases and B2B businesses is a plus
- You have foundational understanding of branding, advertising (traditional and digital), marketing concepts and strategy a plus; Background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- Masterful at uncovering insights with the ability to inspire and influence others
- Strong business acumen; Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to transition easily from a technical research perspective to practical business considerations. Ability to influence teams and business to get to tangible results.
- Knowledgeable about product and addressable markets, benchmarking. Experience working with external research agencies on forecasting innovation is a plus.
- You will lead cross-regional teams to support initiatives, conduct analyses, and bring new programs to fruition
- You will facilitate ongoing, productive communication between regional insight teams across the globe to coordinate insight sharing and identify opportunities for synergy and best practices
- You will find and create opportunities for analytical synergy with analytics, data science, and marketing mix teams.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and outstanding presentation skills, including ability to develop clear and compelling presentations for delivery to senior executives. Must be fluent in English
- Intellectually curious and analytically rigorous. Solution oriented looking for ways to contribute added value.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute data-led insights used to influence and shape the future of Visa brand, products and client relationships. The opportunity also will provide you an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the payments industry. Come join our challenging, dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented research and marketing professionals in the industry.
Visa offices are currently closed, work is by performed by distance. Plan will evolve once it is safe to do so given current COVID-19 related constraints. Position will require travel (approximately 10-20%) once it is safe to do so given current COVID-19 related constraints.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.