Technical Product Manager
- Atlanta, GA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa's CyberSource division is looking for highly motivated and experienced technical product managers (TPM). The Technical Product Manager's primary responsibility is to build products and solutions that deliver delightful experiences for the entire ecosystem of merchants, consumers and developers. In this role, you will work closely with business unit product managers, engineering, architects, user experience, and global cross-functional counterparts to develop requirements that enable high quality products. You will be part of the Technical Product Management organization which will enable Visa and its subsidiaries such as Cybersource, Authorize.Net, Verify as well its strategic partners to rapidly build, iterate and refine payment experiences across all channels such as web and mobile.
- Prior knowledge of Payments and Fraud management e.g., Card Acquiring, Bank Transfer, Fraud detection and prevention is highly desirable.
- Partner with card acquirers, banks and other strategic partners to enable payment processing which facilitates our global footprint expansion.
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence.
- Ability to work as an effective leader, possess strong influencing and negotiation skills to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Collaborate with engineering teams to build robust, reliable and scalable payment processing platforms.
- Synthesize requirements into a common set of platform and services capabilities.
- Be hands-on with describing business rules as technical artifacts using internal tools
- Partner with business operations and analytics team to build right monitoring capabilities and metrics which helps monitor the health of the platform and facilitates data driven decision making.
- Define product requirements which involves writing of very clear, thorough and detailed user stories for complex features and product sets.
- Be the primary liaison between other business units, BU product managers, engineering and other applicable groups to ensure flawless integration of new and existing feature sets.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Work very closely with development and QA organization to ensure technical specifications and final product meet business requirements.
- Highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts.
- Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with long-term vision in mind and can be launched globally with minimal tweaks.
- Work closely with senior leadership providing status, action plan and recommendations.
- Perform Go-To-Market activities by closely working with program management, BU product managers, other product teams, finance, operations, legal, compliance, user experience and external partners as required.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in the product management /system analysis role.
- Adept in Agile development methodologies
- Analytical skills – secure and compare information from different sources to prioritize features
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties to deliver a product
- Responsible for value proposition definition and communications, product differentiation, cost/benefit analysis, and executive presentations
- Creative spark – in product innovation, product management, and finding ways to get things done
- Demonstrated strength at building relationships, highly motivated, strong sense of urgency, ability to motivate others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a flair for getting people excited
- Strong desire and aptitude to be very hands-on with data and reporting
- Team player, with proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables
- Financial services/payments, ecommerce, and mobile commerce industry experience a strong plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.