Staff Systems Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We live in a world where our customers demand the highest levels of availability for the services they consume. Come join a highly dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment designing the next generation of compute infrastructure with the Windows Engineering team. The role will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology in support of e-commerce and mobile platforms processing more than 900 million transactions per year. Help drive the Windows compute strategy for Visa.
Windows Engineering team seeks a high caliber, proven engineering resource, with excellent technical acumen to Cloud Engineering services portfolio. The ideal candidate will possess an analytical mind, excellent communication skills, and superior implementation experience with the desire and determination to grow the delivery of VISA’s distributed offerings. S/he designs, implements, integrates and supports Cloud Infrastructure Components.
- High level knowledge of z/OS systems, disk and tape storage configurations and commonly used z/OS program products.
- Provide z/OS system and storage-related technical leadership, guidance and training to both internal and external audiences.
- Provide timely and effective support and escalation for all Visa z/OS operating systems, storage environments, systems software and associated products in the production and development environments at all Visa Data Centers. This support is also extended to all users of those systems
- Manage the change activity across all Visa production and development z/OS systems
- Participate in the development and assessment of Visa’s overall z/OS system and storage strategies, technologies and architectures to meet the operational and continuity needs of Visa and its customers
- Working with Engineering, administer and maintain policies and procedures to ensure a standard approach is adopted in the implementation of system changes; mentor team members on these policies and procedures
- Provide Operations and Support perspective in the adoption of new mainframe technologies and the implementation of new mainframe software; account for all new features available in z/OS releases and program product upgrades, ensuring they are reviewed and adopted or understand why they are not
- Represent the MVS Support team in relevant meetings such as process improvement and initiatives meetings, Monthly Assignment review with Engineering etc.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience with IBM and Secure Agent Tape systems
- Experience with IBM and HDS DASD
- High level skills in DFSMS/HSM, ISMF, Catalog management/CR+.
- Experience with IBM Utilities such as ADRDSSU, IDCAMS, and ICKDSF.
- High level knowledge of SYSPLEX technology, WLM, VTAM, Thru-put Manager, CA1, RACF, USS
- Experience in troubleshooting production issues and problem solving.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Responsible to develop technical compliance procedures and policies to comply with VISA key controls.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with IT stakeholders and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly.
- Support effort for Disk & Tape hardware, software upgrades and Configuration changes using the following technologies:
- IBM 77xx Virtual Tape hardware & software, TMC, MIM/MIA
- Hitachi/Secure Agent Virtual Tape hardware & software
- DFSMS/HSM, ACS routines, CA Vantage/SRM, Catalog management/Catalog Recovery+, CA-1
- Perform and maintain Disaster recovery tests and procedures using HDS replication technology
- Co-ordinate & perform activities such as cloning of OEMRES and SYSRES volumes.
- Provide on-call support for Systems and Storage
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.