Sophomore Internship Program (Technology)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
This program is aimed at helping current sophomores develop a foundation in Technology for the rest of their careers.
The Sophomore Internship Experience is an 8 week hands on, immersive internship program that enables students from underrepresented communities to get to know Visa’s products, people and culture. In just 8 weeks, the program provides interns the opportunity to work with technology on real time, high impact projects that define the payments industry. In addition, interns also receive in person classroom training on coding, problem solving, payments industry and building a personal brand along with mentoring, networking and leadership exposure.
We encourage applications from individuals currently underrepresented in engineering, including, Women, Native Americans, African Americans, Hispanics and Pacific Islanders.
What you’ll do
· Participate in the 8 week training program where you will learn fundamentals of computer science, programming and problem solving
· Work on a challenging technical project where you’ll get exposure to the complex world of payments
· Collaborate with Visa engineers to bridge the gap between academics and practical professional experience
· Attend technical talks by senior Visa leaders, gain insight into technical interview preparation, learn about Visa’s coding practices and technologies, and develop other skills that will set you up for success
· Receive coaching and mentorship from Visa engineers to guide you through your summer experience
· Build personal networks and friendships with a diverse group of students who share your passion for technology
· All this, while also having a little fun!
What we’re looking for
· Current second year (Class of 2022) college students studying at a four-year university in the U.S.
· Completed an Introduction to Computer Science course (or equivalent class) by the start of the program
· Demonstrated interest in science and technology
· Must be at least 18 years old by June 2020
· Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment;
· Available to work in Austin, TX for the duration of the internship (Start date: 06/23)
How to Apply
Applicants are required submit their resume, both their high school and college transcripts (official or unofficial will suffice), along with below:
Respond to any 2 of the 4 essay questions (200 words or less):
· How did you develop an interest in Computer Science/Engineering? How do you continue to develop your skills and increase your awareness of the field?
· What led you to apply to this program and what do you hope to gain during the internship?
· What two characteristics do you believe makes an Engineer most successful and why?
· How does diversity lead to innovation in your personal experience?
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.