Country Manager, Egypt
- Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Responsible for setting and directing the Country business Strategy, objectives and plans for each country with accountability for planning, financial performance and client relationship management
- Work closely with support functions and ensure that the Country strategy agenda is supported, with ownership of deliverables across product, operations, marketing, risk management, CR, GR and compliance to manage reputational issues and objectives with all external stakeholders are not compromised
- Responsibility for budget allocation and optimal utilization to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
- Accountable to optimize resources to achieve sales activity, market share, volume and revenue targets.
- Understand Clients strategies, priorities, needs and business processes. Present strategic ideas and thought leadership on industry developments and business dynamics, impacting their results using Visa Products.
- Expand deployment of Visa digital capabilities through VTS enablement & Contactless penetration
- Achieve business targets through growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities and introducing new products / services to facilitate growth such as Risk products, Data products & Loyalty solutions.
- Responsible to monitor competition, understand and influence Product positioning and pricing of Visa’s products to win client portfolios, considering the regulatory environment of that country.
- Responsible as Visa’s senior representative to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, regulators, government and other stakeholders to drive Visa’s business priorities
- Monitor development of banking and financial services industry, analyze trends and understand factors that can impact Visa’s business results. Increase engagement with non-FI partners and entrench Fintech sales.
- Act as Visa’s ‘spokesperson’ for market activity across multiple areas from sales to regulatory affairs to corporate and social responsibility.
- Provide leadership and management to direct reports with responsibility to develop employees and ensure client management standards always reflect high industry standards.
- Foster and ensure maximum collaboration across regional & global functions to ensure alignment of goals, targets, resources and operational plans.
- Support in the operational management of local office
- Attract, develop and retain outstanding talent. Ensure appropriate succession planning is in place within key roles.
- Decisions of the Country Manager impact the business development and direction of the business in the country.
- Decisions are guided by corporate, country and functional strategies, goals and priorities such as the expanding the acceptance network and Enabling Digital Roadmap to Clients.
- Country Manager develops the Country strategy and leads budgets allocation, functional resource support and direction to ensure the business strategy is met.
- The Country Manager proactively identifies and solves complex problems particular to their geography which impact the business development, management and direction of the business in their geography.
- Decisions to invest in clients for Product and Marketing initiatives are scoped, led and managed by the country manager with alignment to General Manager North Africa..
- Country Manager gives thorough leadership and drives the team on complex deal negotiations with clients and potential partners, to ensure Visa wins profitable businesses. Decisions are led by the Country manager and submitted to GCM for approval.
- Responsible to decide on content and context with regard to media engagement and leverage the right opportunities to communicate Visa’s objective and strength, in alignment with Corporate communications.
This role reports into General Manager, North Africa
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Over 12 years of experience in financial services, cards and retail banking.