Sr. Learning Experience Designer
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays
Imagine yourself as part of Visa’s Learning Experience Design team. A team that is shaping the learning culture at Visa. We are an organization that learns, and you play a key role in unleashing the potential of our employees, clients and partners worldwide. This affords you with a unique opportunity to work on some of the most highly visible initiatives, including Visa Direct. Visa Direct is Visa’s real time push payment platform. The opportunity will also allow you to be creative, strategic and impactful in shaping the future of learning at Visa.
- Passionate about designing and developing, at the speed of business, compelling and innovative learning experiences that improve individual outcomes and deliver measurable business results
- Keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do, applying human-centered design and design thinking in an Agile environment
- Have a growth mindset and stays up-to-date not only on what’s current in learning and development, but also the industry and business environment in which you operate
- Comfortable operating in both the strategic and the tactical and can constantly switch between the two
- Embrace a global mindset, designing applicable experiences for any and all regions and cultures worldwide
- Action-oriented and adept at dealing with ambiguity
- Analyze and recommend creative solutions for performance improvement, addressing knowledge and skill gaps in the business
- Skilled at developing relationships across functions, levels and geographies
- Visa University Productions team uses Human-Centered Design and Agile approaches to design and develop innovative and engaging learning experiences
- We are a start-up within a large, global organization
- We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of our learners
- We combine rigor, data, evidence-based design principles and subject matter expertise with creativity, intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business.
- We like to innovate, prototype, test, launch and evaluate.
- We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
- Identify learning needs: You will use human-centered design approach to discover, synthesize and clearly articulate learning needs, with a deep understanding of your target audience
- Translate needs into learning experiences: You will use your design and development expertise to create the most impactful, world-class learning solutions. You will need to be adept at both designing and producing learning experiences yourself as well as providing strategic direction for design and production work done by select external providers.
- Develop and grow key relationships: You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders – business and operational leaders – to scale the work you do across the organization. You will utilize your well-established external network to ensure Visa leverages best-in-class thought leadership. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these relationships: from ensuring buy-in with a high-level internal stakeholder, to collaborating with Subject Matter Experts and potential learners in designing learning experiences.
- Improve and Grow Your Portfolio: You will have an opportunity to evolve existing learning solutions from good to great and to launch new ones. You will leverage your strategic and critical thinking to articulate how the learning experiences you design and develop can evolve into the future. You will launch and grow communities of enablement to ensure learning occurs beyond the programmatic components.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in instructional design or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in designing and developing learning experiences in a corporate environment
- Experienced with a variety of modern learning modalities/channels: ILT, VILT, MOOCs, simulations, case studies, experiential learning, micro learning, videos, social learning, coaching, mentoring, infographics, etc.
- Practices human-centered design, design thinking and Agile
- Ability to translate content into a visual, multimedia experience, leveraging graphics, motion graphics, audio and visual design skills
- Experienced using a variety of authoring tools (Storyline, Rise, Articulate, etc.)
- Experienced designing and developing emerging learning experiences including VR/AR, adaptive learning, game-based learning and immersive scenario-based learning
- Strong project management skills to lead a concept from inception to execution, including managing third-party providers
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Poise at engaging and developing collaborative, productive relationships with business stakeholders globally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Financial services background a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.