Marketing Director – Client Marketing
- São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As part of the Brazil Marketing team, the Marketing Director will be responsible to deliver strategic and tactical marketing value to our key Merchants in Brazil working closely leadership team and MSA team.
The Director will lead, design and implement co-marketing programs with clients to drive both merchant & issuers by converting client’s investment into Visa marketing activation. The Director will also drive Marketing Value Added Services (VAS) to key clients focused on merchants and co-brands partnerships (not limited to).
In addition, the Director will be responsible to develop project briefings, work with agencies, develop business proposals, build business cases, identify and explore new ideas and activate Visa´s asset.
It is an exciting opportunity to contribute on client marketing strategies development, plans and oversee the implementation focused on build long-term partnerships, which will contribute to consolidate our brand to the market.
The successful candidate will be passionate for the work, have an innovative thinking and millennial mindset, drive team-building spirit, challenge the status quo, bring business solutions aligned with client strategies and possess a strong drive to succeed
This position will report to Client Marketing - Senior Marketing Director.
- Bring the “best of Visa” marketing to our key clients and work cohesively with the Visa marketing community locally, regionally and globally Business Development team, MS&A teams, Product and Visa Consulting Analytics.
- Work with Business Development Team to invest client incentives or media investments into tailor-made joint-marketing campaigns with the objective of driving acquisition, activation, usage and retention.
- Deliver on high quality agreed marketing programs, evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of programs executions to continuously optimize performance.
- Determine the best use of Visa assets (aligned with client strategies) and optimal outcomes for Visa and partners.
- Ensure a client centric view in the development and implementation of all campaigns aligned with Visa´s communication strategy.
- Strive to build long-term partnership focused on offering Visa business solutions through marketing opportunities
- Contribute to developing deeper client partnerships and generating new revenue streams by providing Marketing VAS including marketing insight, data-driven marketing methodologies and marketing consulting services.
- Oversee all administrative deliveries related to client marketing project management and VAS including and not limited to procurement processes, contract management and VIK process management.
Marketing Strategy & Activities
- Develop marketing strategies and VAS selling strategies in close cooperation with local, regional and global stakeholders including product, Visa Consulting, Business Development and Merchant Sales and Acquiring.
- Deliver marketing insights and data capabilities and other Marketing VAS to driver deeper partnerships with our partners.
- Ensure client marketing needs are being met through cross-functional and regional teams on insights, measurement and co-creation requirements.
- Build strong marketing account plan proposals based on our business partnerships focused on our goals.
- Manage and be the expert to build communication plans focused on leverage co-brand work with clients.
- Review implementation of marketing plans on an ongoing basis and provide guidance to external and internal stakeholders to ensure KPIs are on track.
- Work with clients to drive internal staff advocacy for the Visa brand.
- Champion and work as custodian of Visa brand.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in a services marketing team, ideally (but not specifically) from similar industries such as Financial Services, Technology or FinTech
- Demonstrated marketing strategy and campaign management, particularly in partnership
- Demonstrated selling skills and client engagement skills
- Analytical skills to establish, track and improve KPIs and return on investment and other measurement tools
- Understands creative and media agency remuneration models
- Strong communication skills specially on media strategy and planning
- Experience in client relationship
- Digital, social and mobile marketing proficiency
- Negotiation skills
- Fluent in English
- Availability to travel
- Champions creativity, bold ideas and new ways of doing things
- Proactively seeks new ways of problem solving and collaboration
- Innovates quickly when new information surfaces
- Asks bold and stretching questions to challenge status-quo in a constructive manner
- Actively engages in and promotes an environment of inclusion and diversity of thought
- Solutions-focused and connects the dots to leverage the best of Visa’s assets and resources
- Communicates openly, honestly and respectfully
- Expellant self-awareness
- Communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrates energy and positive responses when tackling challenging problems and views complicated tasks as engaging or motivating
- Quickly recovers from any setbacks and adapts quickly to changes in the environment
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Team player
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.