Manager Products & Innovation
- Quito, Ecuador
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Products & Innovation position has the mandate to expand Visa's Product Innovation and technology scope with banks and with non-traditional clients; as well as leading in country product development and management responsibilities, thus requires a talent to help drive our global core & digital strategy and run the expansion activity in Ecuador.
Nature of role:
- The role requires a broad range of skills – familiarity with digital payment technologies with partners liaise with internal and external stakeholders on the development, execute of projects lead teams, and communicate with senior management.
- The candidate should be a quick learner, team player and detail oriented with the ability to understand and manage all aspects of Visa Products and Solutions including technology, risk, operations, pricing etc.
- The role will report directly to the Sr. Director of Products & Innovation, based in Bogota, Col. and will work very closely with the Hub and local teams
- The successful candidate should support the innovation agenda and the deployment of Visa Products, Solutions and technologies in Ecuador embark on the support of the implementation of issuer’s innovation agenda in close partnership with country and business
- development teams.
- Have the ability to identify opportunities with clients and partners, promote collaboration, co-creation and co-development initiatives with regional and local Fintech players.
- The role will require to project management with a client facing emphasis on guidance, best practice execution, while helping local Visa team successfully complete each implementation.
- The role requires leadership on important engagements with partners in Ecuador that are critical to the success of Visa Products and Solutions. Starting with early-stage consultation to understand the partner’s needs and agreeing on scope and timelines and then managing multiple teams within Visa to develop and implement the agreed product or solution. The role-holder will have end-to-end engagement responsibility for the Visa Product projects.
- Besides external stakeholders, the candidate would also work with key internal functional leads including country teams, client services, marketing, risk etc. to ensure the required level of knowhow and readiness to support clients.
- Key matrices that the candidate would be responsible for would include product readiness in key markets, transaction success rates and service quality. The role will also require briefing country and product executives on product infrastructure readiness, gaps and necessary interventions.
- Nurture creativity, innovation and design thinking in the organization
- Tactical deployment of strategic initiatives, revenue planning and budget responsibility
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge as well as agile methodologies experience will be considered a strong asset.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary in Spanish and English.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and frequent changes
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way.
- A track record working cross functionally and delivering measurable result, while managing stakeholders throughout the process
- Close affinity with scheme based payments
- Experience in working with APIs, Open Systems and standards
- Manage and understand financial business cases and revenue streams
- Prioritize across multiple work streams, highlighting plan, risks and dependencies
- Excellent Project Management skills
- High degree of independent thinking, cross collaboration, partner management
- Operate as a team member in multi-disciplinary tasks
- The ability to influence Visa’s Culture of Innovation
- Requires competency in high-complexity decision-making
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.