Head of Product Propositions - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Head of Product Propositions, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
We are seeking a Head of Propositions for one of our largest Global clients. A role that helps our client obtain a commercial first, technical-second understanding of Visa’s capabilities.
- Working in a client-facing role, you will consult and design holistic solutions that meet the business, technical and operational needs of their customers.
- As a key member of the team, you will understand the client use case, provide new propositions, assess viability, and provide solution options to meet the client’s needs.
- As a trusted advisor to our client, demonstrate a strong understanding of customer needs. Anticipate the customer's point of view and is an advocate for the customer’s needs.
- Articulate to the client clearly how the solution resolves the business issue and is the differentiating factor against competitors
- Working hands-on with Visa Solution Architects & delivery teams, help our clients implement Visa capabilities from design through the implementation process.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- A trusted advisor on Visa’s capabilities in terms of their functionality, complexity and delivery considerations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Successfully identifies opportunities for Visa Product to create market-leading solutions that will satisfy customers and grow the business.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge of a solution or service sufficient to be involved in shaping their future development in line with the customer segment/region’s strategy.
- Understanding complexities of pricing and go-to-market strategy.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of the functionality, pricing and benefits of the full range of the organization's solutions and services.
- Deeply understands solution’s value proposition to the customer and ecosystem.
- Proactively consider customer needs and goals before and after engagement from the sales engineers to inform the customization of architectural solutions.
- Identifies potential issues and risks related to implementation and plans to address the risks. Seen as a trusted advisor with customers.
- Has deep knowledge of how to conduct market, customer, and competitive research to understand market needs.
- Anticipates market trends and customer needs; tailors analysis accordingly.
- Has a strong knowledge of how to conduct customer segmentation, proactively identify potential customer needs, consider barriers to entry, and estimate market value.
- Has deep and complex understanding of the customer segment’s business model and strategic business priorities in the next 3-5 years.
- Has a deep knowledge of products and solutions development from a technical standpoint.
- Encourages job shadowing or learning opportunities to build cross-functional understanding.
- Encourages others to express their views openly.
- Customizes messages to different audiences in a thoughtful, engaging, and relevant way.
What we’re after…
- Business focussed and technically literate with significant years of experience in a digital architecture role.
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles essential, experience of working in a consultative role important.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience.
- A self-starter and delivery focussed, with the ability to think and act independently at times, whilst remaining alignment to the client and Visa’s strategic objectives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills/ability to influence multiple stakeholders both internally and externally, specifically in working in a matrixed environment
- Solid knowledge of systems integration, API technologies, and solution development lifecycles.
- Sound knowledge and experience of financial services, banks and/or technology firms
- Some experience of working with international clients beneficial.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.