Sr. Director, Business Development - VU School of Digital Payments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World’s Most Innovative Companies, The World’s Most Respected Companies, The World’s Most Ethical Companies, America’s Best Employers and The World’s Most Valuable Brands, to name a few.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Location flexibility: This role can be based out of any one of Visa's regional hubs - Bay Area, London, Miami, Dubai or Singapore.
The Sr Director, Business Development is a member of the leadership team of the newly formed School of Digital Payments (SDP) within Visa University. The SDP is a new CEO-supported venture sitting within the Strategy organization. Our vision is to make Visa University the place everyone everywhere goes to learn about payments. We are looking for innovative intrapreneurs who are passionate about payments and the impact educating others about the industry and Visa’s place in it can have on individuals, businesses and economies globally.
Build and manage our internal sales channel globally to grow revenue, VIK and reach.
Develop new and innovative pricing models (subscription)
Work with regional deal teams to ensure our learning products are part of our menu of VIK offerings and accurately represented in contracts and incentives
Evangelize and champion the value of SDP learning products to key stakeholders
Build sales enablement programs to educate our client-facing teams on VU SDP learning products and how they add value to our customers
Partner with Market Learning organization to create regional learning services teams who will consult with Country Managers, Account Executives and Business Development and their customers to develop learning plans that drive customer success and learning product revenue
Create learning services toolkits and products for learning services teams to leverage in customer interactions
Inspire a winning sales team in a matrixed organization to achieve revenue and customer goals
Identify opportunities by anticipating market/customer requirements and ensure customer satisfaction.
Establish and maintain close business relationships with key customers globally
Recommend and manage new customer acquisition strategies based on analysis and thorough understanding of products’ TAM and competitors
Monitor, analyze and report sales effectiveness (value, volume), and cost of sales
Influence the strategic product roadmap owned by Product leaders
Influence marketing strategy owned by Engagement leader
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years’ experience leading a successful sales function in a complex global organization where collaboration, innovation, and entrepreneurship are valued
- Strong connections across the Visa client-facing organizations and deep knowledge of Visa processes
- Excellent sales leadership skills with the ability to influence the regional teams where the learning contracts reside
- Results-oriented leader with a high degree of integrity who sets challenging targets and goals and measures their progress
- Demonstrated capability to translate high growth objectives into concrete sales strategies and tactics.
- Proven ability to motivate individuals involved inside and outside the company to achieve or support these sales objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and customers to develop a selling and marketing strategy, goals and agenda
- A high performance professional and team player with strong influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills
- A team player skilled at building relationships at all levels and geographies.
- Team player, skilled at developing relationships across levels and geographies and willing to pitch in where needed as we start up this exciting new business at Visa
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics, NFL and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of more than 11,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.