Senior Account Manager
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.Oversees overall operational relationship and support delivery for LAC Clients (Global Signature, Visa Signature and/or Regional Signature Clients, as well as third party processors); coordinating implementation and escalation efforts with other Visa teams in order to ensure all inquiries and operational issues are properly addressed.
We are hiring an LAC Senior Account Manager to focus specifically on Visa Direct – a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts in the LAC Market, and around the world using push payment technology. Currently, the push payments market in the North America is estimated to be a $13T opportunity.
- Be the consummate Visa Direct champion in LAC Client Services and develop a strong partnership with the LAC Product and Client Services teams.
- Work closely with Account Support Center, Project Implementation and Sales teams to understand goals and be able to support organizational objectives.
- Maintain relationship with internal and external Clients to understand local market needs and trends, and gain insight on the need to enhance support approach.
- Stay abreast of new rules, products and services, and industry and technology trends to be able to support Visa strategic goals and Client initiatives.
- Participate with other Visa region’s counterparts in strategic meetings to discuss overall Client global concerns and issues related to the day to day support of their operations.
- Advocate on behalf of all LAC clients to internal stakeholder organizations including CSS, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place to successfully support LAC Clients and Visa initiatives, while establishing and fostering relationships with Clients through daily support.
- Establishes and fosters relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
- Fully understands the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers (digital products and services).
- Requires advanced knowledge of all supported product and services and how these impact clients’ business.
- Coordinate with other Visa teams to expedite the resolution and implementation of solutions to ensure that all Visa products and services operate at the highest level of performance.
- Ability to manage and lead independently with little supervision of daily activities
- A proven track record for making sound business decisions, setting direction and managing both short and long-term goals, achieving high quality operational results and customer commitment
- Proficient in performing analysis and drawing conclusions from written or computer generated material and from observed trends
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Formulates short and long-term plans and can change both as the industry or environment changes
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain highly satisfied customer relationships.
- Clearly expresses ideas using sound data through the highly proficient use of desktop tools
- Self-starter with organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving skills
- Able to select, develop, support and retain a diverse and high performing staff
- Ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor in all dealings.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity that require significant initiative and good judgment
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations internally and externally, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong ability to manage projects effectively using project management principles
- Superb proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Advanced comfort level with public speaking
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels
- Strong skills in Excel for data analysis.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Advance Power point for professional presentations
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- While this is a customer service role (not IT), experience in troubleshooting complex web applications, application programing interfaces (APIs) gateways, integration or environment issues is a plus
- Understanding of basic accounting principles including cost allocation methods a plus
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.