Technical Product Manager, Real Time Payments
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
A Technical Product Manager is a leader of strategy, planning and execution. The RTP team is looking for a TPM in our Bangalore center, who is passionate about building scalable, secure and highly reliable, mission-critical software in a
fast-paced agile environment.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have
more than three years of technical product and/or Program management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction online payment environment or APIs is highly desirable. Payment is a deep domain- the candidate should be a fast learner and able to pick up new domain quickly.
- Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, and cross-division coordination.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to
functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies.
- Be the customer seat in the engineering team, deep passion for satisfying customer needs and influencing design and priority appropriately.
- Partner with Product Management and Business Teams to define Visa’s overall RTP strategy. Own the roadmap working with the product and engineering teams.
- Work closely with the engineers and contribute to the development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans
- Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders, Bug bashes, and Hackathons
- Own and develop clear and concise product collateral in order to document the platform to inform and educate internal stakeholders and clients of its desired behavior e.g. Product Guides, Integration Guides, Release Notes
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure on-time/quality delivery
- 7+ years of overall experience with 3+ years of relevant experience in technical product and program management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities; ability to use hard data and
metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, with ability to organize and motivate work across multiple team boundaries
- Proven track record of shipping product in time
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development and user acceptance testing efforts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all organizational levels
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering. MBA is a plus
Part of the broader Digital and Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists and program managers with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution- come join us!