Senior Technical Product Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Corporate Information Technology, Billing and Incentives Systems Organization, enables Visa's revenue growth through flexible pricing engines and global revenue platforms built on next-generation technologies. This includes managing system requirements, evaluating cutting-edge technologies, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate revenue applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver customer developed solutions, as well as implement industry leading packaged software.
Candidates should be passionate, self-driven and resourceful, creative problem solvers with can-do attitude, ideally be a thought leader in above areas, very familiar with the up to date development of related cutting edge technologies especially open source projects, have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, be an analytical and structured thinker as well as with significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management and software solution delivery. The position will be based in Visa’s Foster City office.
- Be the CEO/CTO of the products you own
- A strong desire to produce and deliver excellent software that solves business problems
- Maintain a product backlog, facilitate backlog grooming and drive prioritization of features with various stakeholders
- Build and maintain product roadmap working closely with various stakeholders
- Understand User Experience, design thinking and its importance to product features
- Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with long-term vision and customer experience needs in mind.
- Deeply understand the needs of data for Billing and Incentive applications and ability to perform data extraction, analysis ,modelling and drive decision making
- Work with finance stakeholders and architects to define products scope and prioritization and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet deadlines
- Define product requirements which involves writing of very clear, thorough and detailed user stories for complex features and product sets.
- Be the primary liaison between other business units, BU product managers, engineering and other applicable groups to ensure flawless integration of new and existing feature sets.
- Evaluate new product opportunities, bring forward POC/proposals and influence to expand our product features and solution footprint
- Participate in sprint planning, daily stand ups, product demos, test phases, retrospectives to ensure on time high quality delivery
- Work very closely with development and QA organization to ensure technical specifications and final product meet business requirements.
- Work closely with senior leadership providing status, action plan and recommendations.
- Maintain release plans and publish release notes to stakeholders
- Provide product demos, user training and support for adoption of features and applications
- Drive proof of concepts to evaluate new technologies and products
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
Strong product management and business transformation experience
Strategic, Self-motivated, results driven, with the ability to quickly establish clear, well thought out action plans and drive deliverables to completion under tight deadlines
Must have working experience building high volume and large scale distributed systems. Billing and/or Payments systems experience is a strong plus.
Demonstrate a wide range of engineering experiences including many of these areas: Oracle technologies (such as ORMB, E-Business Suite Financials or Fusion), SQL, Unix, Java, BI Publisher
Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools (e.g. Jira, Rally) and CI/CD, Devops
Six Sigma certification is desired
Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work independently in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with clients and partners at all levels
Fast learner on both technical side and business side
More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours. The candidate will be part of a global team and work with members located in Austin, Bangalore, Singapore
- This position will require up to 10% travel