Business Analyst, Brazil Operations Support
- São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Operations Support business analyst role reports to the Operations Support Manager and is responsible to assist Business Functions as Sales, Marketing, Products, Merchant Sales & Solutions (MSS), Consulting and other functional areas to manage high risk projects as Value-in-Kind, Prepayments, Sponsorship deals and other related initiatives for clients and cardholders to drive Visa revenue growth. The role act as an advisory for the key functions in Brazil supporting the proper execution of transactions under the requirements of a variety of policies and procedures. The role also act in a Full Support Model for Marketing and Products teams, giving support and doing the internal routines to provide fully attendance to the internal procedures.
In addition to the above, business analyst will also provide oversight to other transactions involving high risk areas such as travel, entertainment, events management, purchase of goods and services, gifts and donations based on guidance provided by regional and global management. The incumbent should have a solid understanding of corporate policies and procedures and should provide oversight of any identified areas of control weaknesses, being responsible to validate and coordinate policy exception requirements for the country and then channel these to the Ops Support Manager and/or other policy owners to resolve.
The Business Analyst acts as a key representative from the Finance Group and will work with cross functional control groups (Compliance, Legal, CCM and Finance) in building a strong control environment in the country and will perform a critical role in the identification, reporting and remediation of policies deviations.
· Assists Brazil CFO to advise on policies and procedures in the market;
· Partner with CCM team in the monitoring of VIK transactions to ensure proper approvals and documentation required;
· Collaborates with Operations Support Manager, Local CFO, Regional Controller and Financial Internal Controls to monitor deviations from policies and procedures;
· Work in the Full Support Model, assisting a business unit with internal policies and procedures;
· Timely self-reporting of all incidents and non-compliance actions; coordinate remediation of issues and compliance-related matters promptly avoiding recurrent deviations;
· Assist FIC team in the execution of the continuous control monitoring program in the market;
· Support Controllership and Compliance related training initiatives and programs;
· Assists in the customization and presentation of training sessions for key policies in partnership with local Controllership team other control functions / policy owners;
· Serve as cross-functional coordinator on VIK and other projects;
· Ensure VIK projects meet established policy requirements, such as purchase, storage and delivery of prizes;
· Assist in the monitoring of merchandising products inventory;
· Monitor the use of third-party to deliver VIK goods or services and ensure it is following the global Sourcing procedures;
· Review supporting documentation and reconciliation of VIK projects to ensure it is in accordance with contractual terms / approvals obtained;
· Ensure business partner’s written acknowledgement of VIK goods or services is collected timely and recorded into Sales Force;
· Certify in partnership with local Controllership that prepayments are aligned with policy requirements; tracks documentation and project execution to avoid unutilized funds;
Ensure a strong knowledge of policies and procedures such as VIK, Prepayments, T&E, Sourcing, Anti-Bribery, Global Sponsorship and Key Controls
· Provide a high level of confidence to the Operations Support Manager that all significant key controls and corporate policies and procedures are understood by effectively communicating policy and control processes to key stakeholders.
· Activities and procedures across the various functions are well coordinated and consistent.
· Support the market controller in helping develop remediation plans to address recurring issues, based on issues identified in country.
· Adequate validation of supplier/partner obligations; upfront payments are properly justified and controlled.
· Timely reporting of all incidents; support compliance-related training and associated record-keeping.
· Provides recommendations to the Regional Controller and to the Country Manager on creating a strong compliance culture.
· Interprets a range of policies & procedures and helps meet procedures requirements, standards, processes to assess, report, and remediate operations risk and compliance-related issues.
· Conducts root cause analysis and identifies required resources to correct and prevent compliance exceptions.
· Support and administer compliance-related training initiatives and programs.
Demonstrate good judgement in determining when to escalate to the Country CFO or Regional Controller on non-compliance issues and policy deviations
· Interacts with regional and country Controller, Compliance, Sourcing and Legal teams.
· Collaborates with regional function leaders (e.g., Sales, Acceptance, Product, Marketing, Finance and Corporate Services).
· Collaborates with Operations Support groups in Mexico and GLAC to understand business trends and issues identified in these countries.
· Expected to demonstrate independent decision-making and judgment, and issue resolution.
· Collaborates with LAC Financial Internal Control team in the implementation of the continuous control monitoring program in the market
Reports to the Market Controller
Position will report to the Operations Support Manager. This role is pivotal in promoting a strong controls environment, and the individual must be a pro-active and confident communicator with a desire to add value at different levels of the organization. Building strong relationships with regional, hub-based functional and country teams is essential to the success of this role in assisting the business owners, such as Sales, Marketing, Merchant Solution and Products, to focus on our business partner client services, in a compliant manner.
· Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline
· Certified Internal Auditor, CPA or MBA highly desired
· 5-8 years of experience in an audit, compliance, risk function
· Financial services or payments industry
· Prior work experience in a compliance, audit, or risk related senior role focused on operational controls
· Good working knowledge of COSO framework
· Good finance and accounting knowledge
· Knowledge of card and payments industry
· Direct credit card or banking experience preferred
· Good problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues and risks, including root cause analysis
· Ability to anticipate and identify opportunities to establish standards and controls, as well as develop and recommend solutions
· Experience in implementing and training on policies, procedures and guidelines
· Good business English, both oral and written
· Good communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure in a complex and diverse, international and multi-cultural environment.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.