Project Manager - Data Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Data Product Development group is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa's data assets and deliver value added information
products and services to customers. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence and Analytics, Marketing Services, Commercial Card, Fraud/Authentication and Risk. The portfolio comprises of over 90 data products for various external clients and internal lines of business. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world. Our application development is on the cutting edge of technology, and we are viewed as innovative leaders within our industry.
§ Basic Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
§ Preferred Qualifications
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 8+ years of project management experience including 3+ years using Agile methodology
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Experience with Agile frameworks like SCRUM, XP, Lean & Kanban
- Proficient knowledge in software development lifecycle and project management methodology.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint)
- Exposure to tools like Rally, Jira and Wiki
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Visa's financial, Annual Operating Plan, and Technology processes is a plus but not required
- Responsible for managing large scale, cross divisional projects with budgets in excess of $10M.
- Work with Product Owners to develop project roadmaps which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability.
- Drive efficiency by utilizing Visa Project Management Methodology, processes and tools.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders; hold regular cross organizational management briefings.
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Maintain meticulous records of projects and programs financials, issues, risks, decisions, schedules.
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
§ Physical Requirements
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.