Staff Network Automation Architect
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We have an immediate need for a Lead Network Automation Architect with at least 2+ years of hands-on software development experience with network automation of enterprise and/or service provider network infrastructure. The role will focus on developing components of a network automation framework that will form the foundation for Visa’s evolved global network backbone. The successful candidate will be part of a fast paced, agile development team focused on delivering network automation that follows a CI/CD framework to support Visa’s best-in-class network performance, availability, resource utilization, and leveraging state-of-the-art networking technologies.
This position reports to the Senior Director Network Architecture and is a key role within the Visa’s Global Infrastructure Network Services organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for a technology enthusiast to make key contributions to Visa’s strategic vision for the evolution and transformation of the company’s global networks toward next-generation technologies.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Demonstrated hands-on Ansible and Python development skills
- Demonstrated understanding of automation frameworks, architecture, strategy and roadmap
- A strong background of hands on development in Proof-of-Concept projects, lab trials, and vendor/technology evaluation
- Interaction with vendor partners, customers, and program management in collaboration projects.
- Engage with high-performing network architects and technologists to work on clear priorities to achieve department goals.
- Collaborate with network engineering and security teams.
The ideal candidate is a network engineer with software development experience in Python/Ansible.
The candidate should be passionate about networking technology and automation. As VISA embarks on a fundamental evolution of how it manages complex networks of traditional physical networking devices from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper and Arista, this is an ideal opportunity for a creative and passionate technology enthusiast to make a sizable impact on how Visa’s network resources will evolve.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and work well with other talented networking professionals. If you are a strong Network Engineer/Architect/Software Developer who enjoys working for a technology focused company driving network evolution, then this is for you.
This is a great opportunity to provide thought leadership in network automation and to have a material impact on how Visa will achieve goals of improved availability, agility and automation as part of driving Visa's network evolution.
- Experience in networking and/or software development for large-scale network deployments for high-volume, high-availability consumer-facing and B2B network interactions.
- Experience with Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Databases (Relational and NoSQL), and/or Chef, Puppet or Salt.
- Experience with designing and building sophisticated automation systems for large, complex networks of traditional physical networking devices from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper and Arista
- Working with a team of developers in an Agile methodology to develop robust, supportable software
- Designing, building and/or operating complex networks for data centers and/or WANs
- Experience in protocol and device testing and verification for production environments.
- Excellent communicator with experience documenting and presenting technology concepts across technology teams/areas.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- “This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.