Senior Director, Business Optimization - Cross-Border Insights & Analytics
- Miami, FL, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Director, Cross-Border Insights & Analytics will be a key team member supporting global cross-border activities based in Miami. The individual will be a key member of Global Business Optimization (GBO) function, within Client Services, responsible for building and deploying a single source of truth on insights, facts, and reporting related to cross-border payment flows for LAC Region.
THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR POSITION!!
- Collaborate with business leaders to assess market intelligence and research needs across key corridors and markets. Develop strategy to procure and generate market level intelligence to support and inform XB growth initiatives.
- Produce ready-to-consume XB insight packages for corridor-, market-, and region-level leaders including developing an “automated” process to populate insight templates with “self-serve” functionality.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand the challenges and understand data to form an opinion on how to best help our stakeholders solve them
- Coordinate with existing internally-focused reporting teams to deploy a single source of truth on XB. This includes: align on a common set of reports, definitions, and data sources across markets and stakeholders.
- Build and deploy capability to generate forward-looking view of opportunities, develop the hypothesis of key leading indicators of XB trends, gather data and conduct analysis to isolate the key leading indicators of opportunity, develop and deploy the model to continuously track and report on the leading indicators
- Lead management reporting dashboards/scorecards and establish cadence of reporting across different stakeholders and senior stakeholders.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Demonstrable experience in leading others through influence; Using data as a fact-base.
- Hands on experience with manipulating and aggregating data from large data sets (industry and Visa), using SAS / SQL across multiple platforms (HADOOP) to determine meaningful insights and presenting actionable recommendations (TABLEAU)
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data using statistical software (e.g., Python, R, Rapid Miner or others).
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated analytical rigor and a significant focus on impacting ROI. Able to pivot perspectives between Visa’s B2B2C model and present a cohesive narrative. Able to tailor vision to the operating constraints of the organization
- Subject matter expert in analytics especially in areas of analytical methodologies. Strong understanding of advanced analytics techniques and emerging forms of analytics
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization, and adapt as necessary to a fast-paced work environment
- Communication skills to take highly complex statistical output and convey facts to broad audiences
- MUST speak fluent English and Spanish
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry is a plus
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.