Director, Merchant Sales and Acquiring, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Development Leader has the responsibility for managing Visa’s Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MSA) function in Singapore with the primary focus on deepening Visa’s relationship with key strategic merchants and acquirers, broadening Visa’s acceptance footprint across all channels including face to face, online and mobile. This role will involve overseeing the development and implementation of card acceptance strategies to grow the penetration of electronic payments in designated merchant segments to drive the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) via merchant initiatives and projects that will grow revenue.
The Business Development Leader is responsible for understanding and communicating local market needs, effectively defining market specific strategies with the help of Hub and global support, and to execute strategies in a timely manner.
This position requires experience in the card payment industry in Singapore, specifically in acquiring and merchant business. The candidate should be familiar with the market landscape, bank clients, merchants and local regulations.
The Business Leader should have the ability to:
• Build strong relationships with staff at all levels at key merchants and merchant acquirers thereby understanding their business priorities and drivers well
• Know how Visa’s products and acceptance services can meet our clients’ needs
• Identify and translate business development opportunities into compelling business cases
• Implement successful marketing programs and initiatives that capture the essence of Visa’s and the merchant partner’s proposition, thereby driving merchant volume
• Develop strategy to identify opportunities to grow card acceptance, by analyzing segment potential and acceptance gaps in the market
• Manage relationship with key merchants and acquirers to grow Visa volume.
• Development of new initiatives/solutions, implementation of marketing/usage initiatives targeting traditional and new merchant segments, both in physical world and virtual world, with a specific focus on the execution of the government Smart Nation payment strategy
• Manage annual budget to achieve development targets. Achieve volume and similar targets for said segments / merchants and acquirers.
• Lead in marketing and activation campaigns with key merchant partners and develop business case to determine evaluate level of investment and ROI. Monitor progress to ensure campaign / program is successful
• Successful cross sell of Visa product and services, for example, Visa contactless, QR code, Visa Checkout to merchants and acquirers.
• Manage market-wide Visa contactless merchant training program
• Establish good working relationship with Country Manager and Sales team, cross functional teams from MSS hub, CSS, Legal, Compliance, Product.
• Develop business case to analyze / evaluate investment support for opportunities; understand the role of interchange and pricing
• Active participation in merchant training program resulting in good consumer experience (feedback from participating merchants)
• Local market and regulatory knowledge and functional experience in acceptance, merchant acquiring, interchange management, consulting, financial transaction processing knowledge and client sales, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
• Experience managing a team of sales and specialist professionals
• A minimum of 12 years of success in the card acquiring/payments industry or with the merchant.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Graduate degree/MBA preferred
• Working knowledge of Visa systems
• Working knowledge of payments network and processing services
• Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of acceptance and other products and services offered by Visa
• Microsoft office tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc
• Broad and multiple industry exposure.
• General Finance and Accounting
• Strong Influencing and Negotiation skills
• Sales and Relationship management skills
• Project management
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Business analytical analysis
• Experience shaping and delivering defined strategies
• Proven track record of leading and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
• Executive presence
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.