Global Visa Direct - Go to Market Strategy and Planning - Director
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa Digital focuses on building and deploying innovative technologies to enable and secure Visa transactions around the globe. Our mission is to launch new, market-leading offerings that create tremendous value for payments aggregators (e.g. Financial Institutions, Merchants, Processors, and Emerging Payments Providers) and delight end consumer users as well as meet clear areas of demand for payment and related services. To effect this transformation across the globe, we are looking for leaders who are passionate about innovating and delivering truly differentiated user experiences for specific marketplaces. Successful execution of this role will be achieved through a combination of leadership, payments and delivery knowledge, communication and applied strategy in applying Visa’s rapidly expanding push payments offerings.
Real-time Push Payments at Visa is currently comprised of Visa Direct and Scan to Pay product sets as well as underlying Visa enterprise services. Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers etc) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology. Scan to Pay leverages all Visa Direct capabilities and includes a customer-facing interface which may be deployed through a variety of relationships (e.g., financial institution partner, FinTech, etc…) Together Visa Direct and Scan to Pay are positioned to serve both developed and emerging markets covering more than $80 trillion in payments volume globally.
- This position partners closely with the global Visa Direct leadership team to design and execute the global strategy, priorities, and business outcomes for Visa’s Push Payments business. You will work with stakeholders across all Visa Regions and functional groups (Product, sales, strategy, ops, finance, technology) to implement, operate and execute go to market activities.
- Responsible for translating strategy into outcomes through the design & execution of go to market programs/initiatives including but not limited to: Annual strategic planning, market enablement, segment processes and role definitions, and creation of product collateral
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, including executive leadership.
- Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on regional and functional partner needs
- Manage large, complex cross-functional projects.
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing key initiatives, and closing the gaps in business and operations
- You will be expected to juggle priorities across different orgs and regions
- This role is ideal for someone who wants to be an entrepreneur or understand how startups work from the front line, and is ready to help a start-up grow inside the global Visa organization. You are disciplined, detail oriented, and creative. You figure out a way to win. You learn fast and are a persuasive, resourceful teammate. You’ll have to think on your feet, ask the right questions, and get a lot done.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience, including at least five years of experience leading go to market strategy and delivery.
- A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Experience designing and leading strategic planning and change management at a hyper-growth, product-centric company. Ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
- Ability to effective collaborate and influence to lead cross-functional teams
- Outstanding executive communication skills (verbal and visual) with an ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to correlate data and trends to business drivers, while thinking big and leading executive messaging. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with ease.
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, operates under minimal supervision. High tolerance for ambiguity and complexity. Efficient with limited resources
- Demonstrated thought leadership, excellent problem solving skills and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate with evidence of tangible business results.
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader.
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge as well as P2P, B2C and B2B market experience is a plus, but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.