- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. At DDP, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with phone, web and other digital devices wherever you are – remote or proximity payment.
As a Manager within Visa DDP you will form a leadership role in the development, and deployment of Platform and Core services. We are looking for experienced leaders to interact with business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the quality of large-scale technology initiatives. Managers exercise independent judgment and take ownership of deliverables. Candidates need to be technical and be able to participate in design and development meetings and make development decisions based on best practices.
- Manage Platform and core services teams.
- Build high performing development teams
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for major platform components and/or application domains
- Review and challenge requirements and implementations designs
- Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or other related field
- 9+ years relevant work experience or an equivalent mix of work and project experience in software development.
- 1+ years of experience in managing/leading development teams
- Proficient in either of the following:
· Backend Technologies like Kafka, Spark, Java, Spring, hibernate, oracle, and other languages or tools
· Frontend Technologies like React/Angular/Backbone and MVC design pattern and other similar technologies.
- Candidates with experience in both Frontend and Backend technologies are preferred.
- Candidate must be willing to code if required.
- Deep knowledge of web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST)
- Experience with Big Data cluster.
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience in leading large-scale projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills, excellent project management skills
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.