Staff SW Engineer-Data Product Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Solutions Product Development team is a part of Visa’s Data Products Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ applications and services for Visa’s Business Solutions line of products. Our range of products include data processing, business intelligence, data mining, and B2B payments solutions.
This position is ideal for an experienced Software developer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building products that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Business Solutions Product Development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and solid expertise with Big Data systems integration and technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Loves to play with data and build elegant data driven solutions to complex business problems.
- Responsible for the architecture, design and development of data products.
- Interested in Innovation. Lead the development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Design and develop mission-critical systems with high-availability and high performance.
- Design, code and integrate application business layer with external application components
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to deliver high quality data analytics products and services that meet business requirements and exceeds expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Develop code and mentor fellow developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's
deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Help developer efficiencies by utilizing Continuous Integration/Development tools, test automation frameworks and other related items
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Work in Agile/Scrum teams and follow the guidelines.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience with software design, architecture and development life cycle
- Full Stack Software Development experience in large scale mission critical applications
- Expertise in Big Data technologies like Hadoop ecosystem, Hive and Spark. Hands on experience with MapReduce, Yarn, Kafka, Pig, Oozie, HBase etc. will be a plus.
- Expertise with RDBMS systems like SQL Server, Oracle or DB2. NoSQL database technologies like MongoDB Hbase, Cassandra will be plus.
- Hands on experience with functional programming in Scala and/or Java. Knowledge of Python, C# or any additional language will be additional advantage.
- Experience with data visualization technologies like C3.js, D3.js etc. will be a major plus.
- Basic experience with BI tools like Tableau or Qlik etc. will be an advantage.
- Fair Understanding of Machine Learning libraries like TensorFlow, SciKit, Spark MLib or H2O and utilization.
- Basic understanding of developing data-enabling software utilizing open source frameworks or projects such as Spring, Angular JS, SOLR, Drools, etc.
- Experience with n-tier web application development and experience in J2EE or other frameworks will be a plus.
- Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly and effectively.
- Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Git and Docker.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including
ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum practices and methodology.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.