Staff Test Engineer (REF15992F) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position will be focused on Test Engineering, and leading a few test engineers and is based in Foster City, CA and will report to the Director of Product Development.
- Be accountable and responsible for the quality behind successful introduction of newly deployed products and feature sets to the market.
- Develop test strategy and test cases, review them with cross functional team and improve the test scenarios
- Drive towards 100% automation of all test cases to meet functional, non-functional and security standards
- Be able to manage without authority and provide leadership to a team of testers
- Interface with other functions including PMO, Development, Product Management and Client Integration Team, etc.
- Automate integration with several external systems
- Follow development best practices including test driven development, pair programming, peer code reviews, etc.
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, regression testing, automated builds
- Develop healthy working relationships with members of teams within the organization
- Our UI components are used by several thousand merchants and millions of customers worldwide. Qualified candidate should have a quality first mindset, understanding clean code and clean architecture best practices and have a proven track record of developing high quality, bug-free code
- Have proven experience in understanding the system and grasping the major flows from end user perspective
- Strong understanding of semantic HTML web markup & CSS
- Familiar with TDD practices. Comfortable with Jest, Jasmine, Cypress, Webdriver.io, and other automation frameworks to develop and keep the test suite up to date.
- Experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and REST APIs with AJAX
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT.
- Have a collaborative mindset and put the team goals first
- Familiarity with Java and Apache Tomcat is a plus
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or related field with 3 to 5 years of professional experience
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.