Sr Cybersecurity Engineer - Open Source and Automation
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Cyber Security is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is important to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments. At Visa, we believe that it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Cyber Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
Visa's Cyber Engineering team is looking for an Opensource & Automation Engineer who will be responsible for design, development, and execution of large-scale Cyber Security initiatives. Extensive Python and web service development experience and team leadership skills are a must. In this position, you are a passionate and talented engineer/developer with problem-solving abilities and coding/testing/debugging skills who can work in a dynamic environment. You must be dedicated to delivering production-ready code in short time frames and willing to go beyond the routine.
- Solid proficiency with Linux (or similar) operating systems
- Solid proficiency with Opensource security solutions
- Expert knowledge of Restful web services (client – server application)
- Advanced Python scripting, Automation and DevOps skills etc.
- Software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration (Git), continuous deployment (Travis/Jenkins), and deployment orchestration (Ansible, puppet, or equivalent)
- Experience with C, C++, Java, Ruby, or Python, database application (MYSql/MS SQL) Skills.
- Develop a framework for maintain custom signatures using YARA across all security nodes
- Exposure to security management, administrative account management etc., would be a plus
- Understanding of: distributed systems, cloud computing, database, machine learning, data mining, statistics, data modeling
- Experience with object-oriented design concepts
- Understanding of unit test and integration testing frameworks.
- Develop innovative solutions to protect the Visa brand, networks, assets and products by implementing state-the-art detection, prevention, and response capabilities
- Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements
- Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization
- Demonstrate technical mastery and be an inspirational leader and mentor who continuously develops the competencies of him/herself and others
- Reduce time-to-detect and time-to-remediate by driving the automation of applied threat intelligence and sensor enrichment
- Develop and expand API framework to interconnect Security Tools
- Minimum 7 years of experience in enterprise solutions
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Design and architecture review
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution
- Chinese Mandarin fluency a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.