Sr. Sourcing Analyst - Networking
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Technology Procurement is seeking an Analyst to support the Network Technology area. The two primary functions of this role are: (1) identify and negotiate cost savings and (2) negotiate contractual language. This role acts as the Global Software Category Lead and will manage a large portfolio of Visa Software suppliers and deals, and provide guidance and training to staff.
- Lead a section of the Networking Category and partner with Visa Technology to establish the Supplier / Product Strategy for Visa’s Network Equipment and its associated services.
- Understand the Visa Networking strategy, the suppliers within that strategy, their licensing models, and effectively communicate these to Sourcing executives and Technology stakeholders
- Perform market analysis to support the Visa networking stack and drive recommendations to the Technology teams
- Act as a subject matter expert in Network Technology Sourcing, and provide expertise to the business and provide advice to other areas of Sourcing, as needed
- This role supports the Visa Technology Networking group, focusing on networking and telecommunications equipment and services
Sourcing Capabilities - Commercial & Contract Negotiations
- Negotiate and drive best-in-class deals for Visa. This is a strategic role and will include many of Visa’s largest enterprise-level engagements.
- Define and communicate the Sourcing Strategy to business partners, Sourcing leadership and other stakeholders
- Drive multi-vendor strategies to optimize Visa’s leverage and reduce operational risk. Effectively use RFX events to support Visa’s Technology organization.
- Perform savings tracking and report realized savings on a continuous base.
- Negotiates contract terms and conditions as a first line of defense, in partnership with Visa Legal and Visa Risk Stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with Technology business partners to drive Sourcing engagement, and will act as the relationship owner with Senior Vice President-level individuals within Technology
- Provide continuous written and verbal updates to the business partners, suppliers and other stakeholders on the status of deal
- Regularly update executives at all levels of the company on deal status, category reporting, etc. This role will have direct visibility to senior-level executives across Visa.
- 5+ years of experience as a sourcing and/or procurement professional, preferably with a focus on Networking equipment and/or technology.
- 3+ years of experience assisting in, or leading, the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Network Technology category, including license models, key contract terms and emerging market trends
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize complex and technical information into clear recommendations on course of action.
- Demonstrated technology agreement negotiation experience.
- Experience managing technology business users, including excellent relationship management skills.
- Ability to influence at an executive level both internally and externally.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate as a team player.
- Willingness to offer thought leadership, to think creatively, and to offer new ways to approach old problems
- Undergraduate degree required, preferable in business, economics, computer science or engineering related field; graduate degree in business, economics or engineering a plus
This role could be based in either :
- Foster City, CA; Austin, TX; Denver, CO; Ashburn, VA
All you information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Additional Information about Interviewing with Visa in Technology Sourcing
In Visa Technology Sourcing, we get technical fast. Our business partners demand it and we like to support them the right way! This is a highly technical and highly engaged role. If you apply and are granted an interview, you can expect the following:
- A detailed, onsite skills test, in which you’ll be given a technical problem and will be asked to model it in a spreadsheet and present an executive-ready communication about it.
- You can expect to be asked detailed questions about your background:
- Expect to be asked about deals you managed, supplier engagements, including the spend, the license metric, your strategy, and even what went wrong.
- Expect to be asked fundamentals about technology itself (i.e. – ‘What’s the difference in a CPU and a Core?’; ‘What are the advantages/disadvantages to perpetual versus subscription licensing?’).
- You’ll meet with technical business partners as well as Visa Sourcing execs to assess your sourcing and business acumen.
Don’t let any of the above worry you! We demand a lot of ourselves and we like to be up front about what we look for on this team. If you’ve got the chops, we’ve got a role for you!