- New York, NY, USA
- Hiring Start Time: Immediate Start (Home Office)
- HO Team: Human Resources
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
The Benefits Analyst manages the administration of Uncommon's policies, procedures and programs related to our employee Benefits. Day to day operations include support for benefits administration, payroll, and workforce data analysis. This role sits on the HR team, which provides support for a talent-focused, high-performing, dynamic and goal-oriented organization of more than 2500 employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively supports the administration of Uncommon’s health benefits to all staff in collaboration with Benefits Manager.
- Responds to employee and manager benefits and benefits enrollment inquiries and problem solves and resolves issues related to employee benefits.
- Assists Benefits Manager in leading all network Benefit Orientations and Onboarding sessions
- Administers 403b retirement and NJ and Massachusetts Pension programs.
- Analyzes and runs reports in response to requests for data and delivers appropriate analysis on an ad hoc basis.
- Compiles information for routine reporting and analysis (e.g., state/federal reporting, and benefits census).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrable ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; ability to prioritize and demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong client focus and an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents
- Thrives in evolving, fast-paced, high-change dynamic organizations
- Outstanding judgment, sensitivity and high discretion
- Solid attention to detail and ability to project manage
- Knowledge of benefits plan structures and requirements
- Some knowledge of employment law in New York, New Jersey and/or Massachusetts preferred
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years of HR/Benefits experience
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.