Account Manager (Commercial Construction Sales )
- 140th Ave Ct E, Sumner, WA 98390, USA
Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary Of Position
The Account Manager will develop and maintain a sales territory consisting of a defined sales goal, which may be subject to change. He/she will be accountable for retaining existing accounts and growing business while maintaining strong and trusting partnerships with customers. He/she will be a strategic partner in expanding Doka USA’s presence within the designated territory and will be accountable for maximizing sales that broaden Doka USA’s position in the WA and OR markets. This position will support Doka's Seattle Branch in Sumner, WA.
- Identify potential customers and make cold calls that result in meetings and convert prospects into actual sales.
- Develop both new and existing accounts and expand business through face-to-face contact with the customers.
- Maintains a customer/prospect database that contains the names, addresses and actual phone numbers of actual and prospective accounts as well as all of the names of the officers and key office and field personnel that represent these customer/prospects. Regularly uses and maintains customer/prospect database (Victori).
- Communicates clearly and collaborates with engineering, as required, to insure accurate proposals.
- Prepares proposals and obtains appropriate managerial approval.
- Drafts final proposals, insuring management approval and customer signatures are obtained.
- Presents proposals while selling the features and benefits of our products to close sales.
- Partners with engineering for jobs under contract and obtains approved drawings.
- Conducts regularly scheduled jobsite service visits instructing the workers in the proper and safe utilization of equipment thereby shortening their learning curve. Ensures that the customer is satisfied with the equipment and the production he/she is obtaining and insures proper recording and coordination of shipments and returns.
- Accountable for all credit interactions with the customer including obtaining contractor approval of invoices, making adjustments through credit requests and insuring prompt payment, as well as preparing and distributing monthly account status reports. Additionally, he/she settles accounts as soon as possible after the last major return of a project regarding lost material, damaged product, cleaning, freight and final returns.
- Timely and accurately completes weekly sales reports and provides information as needed for backlog and sales projections.
- Visits job sites as required.
- Continually builds product knowledge.
- Assists in ensuring safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- Some overnight travel as required. Additionally, he/she may be called upon to make sales or service calls outside of the designated territory as needed.
- Collaborates with the Sales Manager and Area Manager ensuring company and branch sales initiatives are aligned and achieved.
- Bachelor Degree with a concentration in Business, Engineering or Construction preferred.
- 5-7 years outside sales/account management in commercial construction experience required. Previous experience within the concrete forming industry a plus.
- Consistently handles confidential information with the highest level of integrity and delivers the highest standards of service to customers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, follow-up and negotiation skills along with a strong numerical aptitude required.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks and handles all responsibilities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Takes initiative, manages time effectively, and manages and adjusts priorities based on business demands.
- Knowledge of the commercial construction industry and its marketplace.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and
effective selling and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Willing and able to learn new computer systems, products, concepts and techniques as well as an eagerness to keep abreast of customer, industry and competitor development.
- Self-motivated, assertive, team player with a strong work ethic, able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Understands how the branch sales, business development activities and account management of Doka USA impact the corporation worldwide.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation (base salary and commission), comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join Doka as an Account Manager in the CO and WY markets, supporting Doka's Seattle Branch located in Sumner, WA.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Does working with some of the most impressive construction projects interest you? If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume and apply now.