Senior Project Technician - Doka UK
- Haigh Moor Dr, Dinnington, Sheffield S25 2JY, UK
With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, highly efficient in-house production and more than 6,000 employees, the Doka Group is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing modern system formwork technology. Our strong and effective sales organisation gives construction firms all over the world swift access to pathbreaking formwork solutions and services for all areas of cast-in-place building construction.
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
We are looking for Senior Project Technicians for our locations in Maidstone and Sheffield!
- You need to develop independent solutions, but also work well within project teams. You should show an active interest in helping develop the skills of your peers and the willingness to support the checking of their work.
- You need to communicate effectively with your colleagues across all departments and confidently interact with customers through out all phases of a project.
- You need to produce AutoCAD drawings using the Doka Formwork systems during the proposal stage and need to finalize the working drawing to be used for actual jobsite.
- You need to provide material lists for quotations to sales and to operations for shipments to the site.
- You need to produce and insure that the drawings indicate the proper use of Doka forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- You need to independently produce formal calculations for customer approval. Produce structure frame analysis where required.
- You need to have an interest in developing efficiencies within the Engineering Department and take a proactive approach of seeking responsibilities were opportunities arise.
You should have
- Technical education/preferable a degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Good knowledge in AutoCAD 2D, preferable experience in 3D
- Experience in BIM would be beneficial
- Proficiency English language
- Minimum 5 years experience with formwork systems (knowledge of competitors systems would be helpful)
- A strong background in Civil Engineering with a detailed knowledge of construction methods and competencies in interpreting client drawings and design briefs
You should apply for this job if you have
- Desire to work efficiently and utilise the tools available. Seeking out opportunities for continuous professional development and interest in new technologies such as BIM
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines and budgets
- Well developed analytical skills and technical proficiency
- Ability to work in a team environment on standard and major projects.
We are looking forward to your application!
HR Contact Doka UK - Stephen Perfect