Senior/Lead UI Programmer [Skull & Bones] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
- Production Technology Group Job: No
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on “Skull and Bones” game together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on exciting unannounced projects and we are paving the way for even more!
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
What you will do:
Your mission, as an UI Programmer, is to implement visual designs related to in-game menus and user interface. You will work closely with other disciplines to bring to life the vision of artists and designers and ensure visual quality for the game. If you are passionate about video games, UI and confident in writing C++, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume and a cover letter with the earliest starting date.
Day to day of a UI Programmer at Ubisoft Berlin:
- Creating and updating UI components to meet the intent of the game’s design and flow
- Using your expertise to help colleagues make informed choices about the UI
- Creating layouts for UI Artists and Designers to work in
- Debugging and profiling code on multiple platforms
What you bring:
- Previous professional experience, in the capacity of a UI Programmer role
- Good understanding of UX/UI design principles and ability to think user centric
- Programming skills in C++
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.berlin.ubisoft.com.