Junior Web Developer
- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking, full-time Junior Web Developer. The Associate Web Developer will be based in Montreal and is responsible for assisting with all aspects of website maintenance; from developing one-off web tools to supporting, improving, and updating dozens of game websites for the NCSA Online Production team located in San Francisco. You’ll work with our various cross-functional marketing teams worldwide and third-party web design and development agencies.
- Work with third-party web design agencies to ensure adherence to our web development guidelines and standards and proper integration with our content management systems.
- Assist the deployment pipeline and process.
- Create site components/modules based on scope of project.
- Utilize third-party APIs to create dynamic user experiences.
- Collaborate with global teams to implement and validate analytics tagging.
- Perform day-to-day site maintenance of multiple web sites.
- Lead development process based on campaign for multiple websites.
- Stay current with web technology and offer technical expertise to improve our platforms and processes to stay competitive with the marketing of our brands.
- Work with European counterparts to document web best practices and web development standards.
- Ensure the localization of websites across all our existing locales.
- Hands on experience working in web development and website management.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with web content management systems.
- Knowledge of responsive website design.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple simultaneous projects.
- Bilingual (French / English).
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with source control tools like (Gitlab, Github, Bitbucket, etc).
What to send our way
Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.