- Cary, NC, USA
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable gaming experiences. We are composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 5 continents across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
The company’s 40+ different creative studios & Customer Relationship Centers (CRCs) work each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. Whether you are working on a production team or working directly with our players, we all approach each day with a Player-First mindset to ensure winning solutions. While collaborating across teams and offices, you will have the opportunity to work closely with many of our iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Status: Full Time, Permanent Employment
The Data Scientist will work on marketing solutions such as lifetime revenue prediction and audience segmentation with a focus on personalized players services such as product and content recommendations or narratives and stats. The Data Scientist will be part of the NCSA Data Science team dedicated to NCSA marketing and media with the support of a dedicated Data Engineer team. The position is based in NC, but part of the team and clients are also in San Francisco, Montreal (CA), and Cary.
Ideal candidate has a strong background in mathematics and is familiar with computer science and big data Machine Learning problem solving. Proficiency in Python or Scala with Spark language is required. The ability to work in a cloud computing environment such as AWS with collaborative dev tools such as Gitlab would also be a plus.
What You’ll Do
- Gather requirements and design data solutions, with multiple business partners, to improve personalized communications to players
- Develop and optimize production machine learning solutions together with a team of data scientists
- Envision and prototype tools and methods that improve player engagement in the Ubisoft ecosystem
- Collaborate constructively with other Ubisoft data stakeholders (IT, Analytics, Engineering, etc.) to ensure the feasibility and impact of your solutions
- Scale and automate your code with the help of the Data Engineering team
- Promote data solutions with presentations, dashboards, and documentation to help partners understand and engage with them effectively
- Support your team with new ideas, especially in exploratory projects related to player communication and audience segmentation
- Communicate and collaborate daily with a multinational team using tools such as Microsoft Teams, Miro, Confluence, Gitlab, etc.
What you’ll Bring
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics
- Proven track record working in a Data Science role outside of internships
- Expertise with SQL and knowledge of HiveQL and Big data handling
- Strong proficiency with Python, R, or similar languages
- Machine Learning knowledge
- Ability to work in cloud computing environments, such as AWS
- Knowledge of common marketing practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write clearly & accurately
- Strong organizational skills and a business-minded, self-motivated work style
- Passion for gaming
What You’ll Get
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in an HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holidays, and wellness time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.