Ubisoft Graduate Program 2021 - Online Programming (M/F)
- Annecy, Berlin, Bucharest, Bordeaux, Chengdu, Paris, Singapore, France
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. With 19,000 employees, Ubisoft is present in 45 studios around the globe in a human and innovative spirit. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers as Assassin's Creed ® , Far Cry ® , Watch Dogs® or Just Dance ®.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for Graduates in Online Programming.
The Ubisoft Graduate Program is a two-year international program for fresh Graduates who expect a career accelerator into the games industry. They will benefit from an individual development plan and follow-up in order to develop their skills in online programming. Depending on the studio to which you are eligible, the Graduate Program may be a local track or an international track. To know which studio offers local or international track, please refer to the locations indicated at the bottom.
Local track: Over two years in the same studio, Graduates will have the opportunity to work on thrilling projects with multi-disciplinary teams in an international environment
International track: Over two years, Graduates will have the opportunity to work in two different studios in different countries.
To learn more about this two-year program, please visit: www.ubisoftgraduateprogram.com
With the arrival of next-gen consoles and the evolution of player habits, video games are expected to offer a robust online experience, which represents the core of game development at Ubisoft.
Our online programmers play a critical role in ensuring millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless, rich, game experience which they can enjoy with their friends from wherever they connect.
As a member of a game development team, the online programmer is involved in a variety of missions such as:
- Participate in the creation of new online services related to a game
- Develop, integrate and maintain global online platform services such as Matchmaking, Leaderboards, etc.
- Participate in figuring systems’ behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Make optimization in function of bandwidth constraints: reducing the amount of information transmitted, decrease latency, etc…
- Identify and solve down issues
- Implement and use predetermined replication systems
- You have already graduated or will be graduating in 2021 from a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and have less than 1 year of experience (excluding internships and apprenticeships)
- You have a good understanding of Software Development fundamentals: analysis, implementation, optimization, debugging
- Your C++ programming skills are excellent
- You have some knowledge of server programming and database programming (MySQL, Redis,...)
- You understand scalability issues and replication concepts
- Understanding of other programming languages such as Python or Java is a plus
- Some knowledge of distributed systems and online services (i.e. guilds, trade etc) is a plus
- You are proactive and have strong problem-solving skills
- You are interested in video games and online gaming
- You can work well both autonomously and within multicultural and cross-disciplinary team. Your interpersonal skills are an asset for cooperating with multiple job families
- As we are an international company, you are fluent in English and geographically mobile
As part of the Ubisoft Graduate Program, you will benefit from a full-time working contract in your home studio the first year and with a studio abroad for the second year.
Application period: April 7, 2021, 6:30pm CET (Paris time) - May 15, 2021, 6.30pm CET (Paris time)
Location for the 1st year at least (home studio): Annecy (local and international), Berlin (local and international), Bucharest (local and international), Bordeaux (local), Chengdu (international), Paris (local), Singapore (international)
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our players’ community.