Senior Animator [The Settlers] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
The Senior Animator [The Settlers] (f/m/d) is responsible for bringing to life the characters and creatures of our games with stunning, high quality animations.
· Animate characters and motion edit Mocap data within complex animation systems
· Collaborate with the Art Director to create animations that fit to the visual style of the project
· Provide knowledge and solutions for animation problems
· Set up complex animation state machines
· Provide skinning for complex characters
· Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
· Provide support and advice for artists
· 5 years’ experience as an Animator in game development with a strong understanding of rigging, skinning, keyframe animation, motion capturing and procedural animation.
· Proven experience on at least one shipped title
· Working knowledge of Maya, Motion Builder, 3DSMAX, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
· A keen eye for motion, weight, timing and animation.
· Being able to work with a complex animation system and complex animation state machines
· Able to create content fitting to the project’s animation style and work within those limitations.
· Understand typical workflows and tools in animation production with the ability to modify and improve them.
· Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project.
· High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
· Great communication skills and a positive attitude
· Fluent in English, both verbally and written
· Experience with Motion editing and handling Mocap Data in Motion Builder is a plus
· Experience as modeler and/or texture artist a plus
· Rigging experience is a plus
· Being an avid gamer is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
· Examples of character animation (full body motion, emotions etc.)
· Examples of animation style variety
· Examples of environment animation or visual effects
· Examples of animation rigs and their functionality in a 3D package
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation