(Intermediate/Senior) UI Programmer [Skull & Bones]
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Avatar", "Far Cry", "For Honor", "Skull & Bones", "The Settlers", "Anno" and many more.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
As an (Intermediate/Senior) UI Programmer you will work closely with other disciplines to realize and implement visual designs related to in-game menus, HUD and user interface. Your mission is to come up with technical solutions to ensure visual quality and overall unity for the game.
Further responsibilities include:
- Design and Implement client-side UI logic
- Creating layouts for UI Artists and Designers to work in
- Improving and extending existing game UI
- Handle input for all supported platforms and respective devices
- Understand implementation requirements and find smart solutions to technical constraints
- Collaborate closely within a multidisciplinary agile team to achieve the best results
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation and coding standards
- Debugging and profiling code on multiple platforms
- Managing and/or mentoring individuals within the Programming Team
- Good development experience in the capacity of a UI programmer role
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented development
- Experience using UI frameworks (such as scaleform, noesis, etc.)
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently with large, existing codebases
- Solid understanding of UX/UI design principles and ability to think user-centric
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Self-motivated and pro-active mindset
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in English
- Willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany
- Experience in development with Console SDKs (PS4 and Xbox)
- Passion for making and playing games
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
- Mobility Budget for public transportation, bike leasing or car park spots
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to join us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.berlin.ubisoft.com.