Business Intelligence (BI) Director
- Québec City, QC, ca
The incumbent is responsible for leading Ubisoft’s Business Intelligence program.
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
· Responsible for the overall direction of Enterprise Data Business, working with the appropriate Ubisoft leadership teams to develop the strategic direction and ensure stakeholder satisfaction with the deliverables of strategic data initiatives.
· Responsible for BI roadmap, to develop specific objectives for the business domains and develops budgets, resources and operations to support them.
· Sell and evangelize the value of BI, analytics and sound data management to executive sponsors of the BI program, to business users and IT Managers
· Own the overall design and support of the BI technology environment, including information acquisition, management, warehousing and delivery solutions.
· Promote and facilitate the development of self-service capabilities for the business in the access and reporting of business information.
· With the BI team, evolve and execute methodologies for all stages of the BI Software Development Lifecycle.
· Develop and implement data quality and governance standards, identify and assign business owners in each area as needed.
· Identify and implement industry best practices for the team from (TDWI, Gartner, Kimball University, etc.)
· Establish relationships with Ubisoft’s competitors and/or BI industry best practice leaders.
· Champion alignment of BI measures in driving performance objectives;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field;
Minimum 10 years of IT experience.
Minimum 5 years of BI/Data Warehousing/ Analytics experience.
Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, cross-function teams and projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders required.
A successful track record as a leader, developer and manager of people; demonstrated experience to attract, retain and develop strong talent and build a positive organizational and team culture.
Experience working across organizational boundaries on a local and global scope.
· Great communication and listening skills;
· Demonstrated negotiation and complex problem solving skills
· Ability to think about the future state and strategic directions while implementing quick wins and delivering business value in a cost effective and agile manner
· Ability to work cohesively with other teams within the Information Technology department and within the Ubisoft group
· Ability to effectively lead change management in a positive manner and to handle changing priorities.
· Excellent English skills (spoken and written);
· French fluency is an asset;
· Good knowledge with full lifecycle of software development and integration methodologies is required;
· Good knowledge of business process design;
· Good knowledge of different project delivery methodologies (Agile/Waterfall);
· Knowledge of current trends within the video game industry