Cost Manager - Commercial
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realise their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 111 offices and 45 countries worldwide.
Due to significant growth and ongoing delivery success with our clients, Turner & Townsend are recruiting for an experienced Cost Manager to join the Sydney team.
You will be involved with some of Sydney's prominent commercial projects.
Working within a friendly, professional and highly successful team and reporting to our Director of Cost Management, you will be working across a range of different projects in the property sector.
- Collaborate and develop good relationships with clients and stakeholders internally and externally.
- Responsible for pre and post-contract quantity surveying duties including preparation of cost estimates, procurement and tendering, contract administration, variation, final account, etc.
- Completing feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
- Contributing to business development including leading the preparation and delivery of bids in the market.
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- A recognised Degree Qualification
- RICS or AIQS accreditation desirable.
- Relevant work experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
- Experience in the Australian Construction and Property market ideal.
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report and bid writing skills.
- Strong time management skills, quick thinking and resilience to deal with a fast paced environment.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and have the ability to work independently
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from all sectors of the community. Turner & Townsend have a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) approved by Reconciliation Australia.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/