Field Service Representative
- Gladstone Road, Te Hapara, Gisborne 4010, New Zealand
- Employees can work remotely
TOMRA Food designs and manufactures sensor-based sorting machines and integrated post-harvest solutions for the food industry, using the world's most advanced grading, sorting, peeling and analytical technology. The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via smart, useable technologies.
TOMRA Food is a member of the TOMRA Group founded in 1972 that began with the design, manufacture and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that enable the circular economy with advanced collection and sorting systems that optimize resource recovery and minimize waste in the food, recycling and mining industries. This person will be operating in the Business Area TOMRA Fresh within TOMRA Food
Field Service Representatives play an integral role in the success of the resource revolution here at Tomra Fresh Food. Due to continued investment globally, we are looking for solutions driven and proactive FSR’s to join the team and make an impact with our customers.
In this role you will:
- Perform preventative maintenance including pre and post-season servicing of machines to enhance ongoing performance
- Demonstrate an aptitude for machine operations, mechanical, electrical, computation and operational, and electrical assembly and installation
- Respond to customer requests in the field within an agreed timeframe.
- Complete removal and installation of mechanical components
- Proactively work with customers and internal stakeholders to successfully complete projects (e.g., research and development site testing, refurb, refit, or upgrades)
- Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification such as Bachelor of Management / Engineering or Trade Certification
- Two years’ experience in a similar field (preferably AgriTech industry)
- Relevant experience in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment
- Strong understanding / knowledge of electronics and electrical assembly and wiring
- Working knowledge of PC and MS office suite
- Proven ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures
Nice to have:
- Project management experience or certification
- Experience with packaging and/or printing machinery
- Experience in PC building, repairing and diagnostic testing
- Experience in installing software on PC’s
Why work for us?
A long-term career for some and a stepping stone for others; We've seen our service technicians leverage the diverse skill base they develop in this role to transition into sales, R&D, quality assurance, and service management positions.
- Award winning, innovative kiwi success story
- Competitive remuneration package
- Birthday leave – have a day off on us
- Fantastic career opportunities locally and globally
- Flexible work arrangements (Hybrid working)
- Weekly Friday social and other events through the year
- We invest in you with professional training and development
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! All applications will be managed in the strictest confidence.