Survey Instrument Operator
- 5410 Trinity Road, Suite 102, Raleigh, NC, United States
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are always accepting applications for Survey Instrument Operator candidates for future positions in our Raleigh, NC office.
Essential duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Participate in Field Crew operations to provide field data for boundary surveys, topographical and construction stakeout surveys
- Learn to operate total station, level, GPS and data collectors for use in the collection field of survey data
- Under the guidance of a Party Chief, works on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, waterline, structures, etc.)
- Learns daily maintenance and up-keep of instruments
- Provides clear and concise field notes including sketches
- Must be able to work in a team environment, and also be willing to work in all types of weather
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- High school diploma/GED
- Ideal candidates will have six (6) months of survey experience (and/or the equivalent of additional training or courses in the field of surveying)
- Ideal candidates will possess a thorough understanding of standard survey procedures and instruments
- You will review the position description to clarify the physical demands of this
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lb. of equipment over all types of terrain.
- All-weather year-round outdoor work environment, with seasonal extreme heat index and wind-chill factors
- Other physical attributes of the job, such as hiking, climbing, vegetation management (chopping, cutting, hammering, sawing, etc.)
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.