Business Operations Manager | New Zealand eScience Infrastructure
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Nat eScience Infrastructure
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55560479
NeSI - New Zealand eScience Infrastructure - is New Zealand's high-performance computing research infrastructure. They provide platforms and expertise which enable the country's researchers to tackle the world's largest problems.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
To ensure we sustain significant research outcomes from the use of NeSI platforms and services – this senior management position within the team contributes to the on-going development and implementation of strategy through effective business operations.
Working closely with the Director, you’ll support the strategic planning process and manage the operational activities linked to the strategic plan. This will see you leading the business operations team (primarily Agile Practice/Portfolio and Site Managers) working both locally and embedding within key partners to ensure they have the clarity of direction, resources, training, and support to perform in their roles.
- Effectively manage relationships with research sector partners, collaborators and key stakeholders, across finance & investment, human resources, and legal contracts.
- Support the NeSI Board in their governance over NeSI, including in setting strategy and holding to account for performance.
- Contribute to the development of external funding applications and research contract proposals.
- Manage finances across the partnership in line with funding and agreements on return on investment for partners and stakeholders.
For more detailed information, please refer to the POSITION DESCRIPTION
Mō tō māou rōpū | About the team
NeSI partners with research sector institutions to achieve a critical mass of high-performance computing expertise and capability nationally. NeSI is an unincorporated body, with investment from New Zealand universities, Crown Research Institutes and the Crown, through the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. Our purpose is to grow the computing and analytics capability of researchers to ensure New Zealand’s future prosperity.
If you’re interested in leading edge technology and scientific research this senior Operational Management role may be your next move.
He kōrero mōu | About you
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in a senior business operational management role and be comfortable working within an innovative and entrepreneurial environment and have a information technology and scientific bent.
An understanding of the New Zealand research sector would be an advantage. Preference will be given to those who are able to point to their success as a developer of teams and who have honed their skills in a high-tech or research-intensive environment.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- Legal contract expertise within contract-based organisation's and teams
- Understanding of advanced ICT infrastructures and technologies
- Working knowledge of video conferencing technologies and other collaborative information technologies e.g. document sharing systems
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
We offer an opportunity within New Zealand’s leading University that will have a positive impact on the lives of students. We also offer:
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Over 300 different career development courses and programmes
- Discounted parking and various leisure and recreation services
- A diverse and inclusive working environment
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of 16th August 2021 to be considered.
Please include your cover letter and/or CV highlighting how you can meet the skills and experiences detailed above.
In accordance with our commitment to equitable recruitment, the University welcomes applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates. In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government has imposed a travel ban and are currently only allowing New Zealand Residents, Citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved quarantine for two weeks on arrival.
It is uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the degree to which an off-shore candidate can engage in the interview process; or be available to commence in a new position. For more information and updates on the border restrictions visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz