It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
We believe good writing is critical to Cash App—clear and approachable language helps people understand what’s going on with their money and feel empowered to take on everything from taxes to investing. Our mission is to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible—great writing helps directly advance our mission.
Writing at Cash App is unique in that brand/marketing copywriters and UX/content designers form one team. They work together on voice, tone, and style, ensuring consistency across every surface, from ads to error messages and everything in between. Content designers at Cash App support projects in multiple areas of the business, so we’re looking for someone who can operate nimbly and support diverse business areas like Payments, Trust, and Health.
- Get to know the Cash App brand and voice, and work with other writers to continue evolving our style guide
- Be charged with simplifying, organizing, and explaining concepts and features across our business
- Name new features, craft key messages and value propositions, and standardize terminology
- Use data and research insights to make and defend content decisions
- Work alongside designers, researchers, product managers, analysts, and engineers on high-priority projects across multiple product areas like payments, health, and trust
- Develop a UX and content strategy point of view and influence product roadmaps and the development process from ideation to launch
- Find intuitive and elegant solutions, crafting copy and content strategies that resonates with our growing audience and provides measurable value to the business
- Work on projects that build trust with customers or tackle sensitive subject matter
- Seek feedback on your work, build consensus among your team, and bring stakeholders along with your recommendations
- Provide guidance on messaging and terminology to Product Marketing and Creative partners (and copywriter teammates) as they create complementary marketing campaigns
- 7+ years experience in content strategy, UX writing, content design, or whatever you happen to call it, and exceptional writing skills
- 3+ years experience of mobile app content design or UX writing
- Strong UX and systems thinking and insight into product strategy
- Experience building successful cross-functional partnerships
- A portfolio that showcases your design work, any relevant work on mobile apps, and a range of content strategy deliverables
- Experience mentoring other content designers, providing feedback and coaching work
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 - USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 - USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 - USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.